Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts.....Reprints to finish off older sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I am a set builder from way back. I especially like to complete Yankee sets, but am now back into the 30's & 40's. Though I've spent quite a bit on my collection, there are certain cards that I just can't realistically afford to complete them, such as the Gehrig and Ruth cards from the 1933 Goudey set. I'm thinking about using reprints to complete some of those sets.
THOUGHTS??????

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I am a set builder from way back. I especially like to complete Yankee sets, but am now back into the 30's & 40's. Though I've spent quite a bit on my collection, there are certain cards that I just can't realistically afford to complete them, such as the Gehrig and Ruth cards from the 1933 Goudey set. I'm thinking about using reprints to complete some of those sets.
THOUGHTS??????

Don't see why this would be an issue, especially for display purposes.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I wouldn't be fulfilled with reprints, but that's just me. I'd rather have a super low-grade card (given, even these can be costly) than a reprint. But I think this issue is a very personal decision. If a good reprint fills in your set and makes you happy to look at, go for it!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
i would go with a custom before a reprint. IM getting some made of cards i cant afford. but if thats what you want go for it.

Members online