Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

December - Night Crewstmas Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
IMG_9567.JPG

I’ve been collecting Micro Brawler figures that are manufactured by Pro Wrestling Tees out of Chicago.

Some are really hard to come by. The Pentagon alone (masked guy on top row) cost me $40 by itself on eBay. Some are sold on the Pro Wrestling Tees website for $12.99 apiece, and some are Pro Wrestling Crate exclusives.

So far I have......

(Top Row)
Candice LeRae
Joey Ryan
Pentagon
Tetsuya Naito
Zack Sabre Jr

(Middle Row)
Road Warrior Animal
Papa Shango
Roddy Piper
Andre the Giant
Big Van Vader
British Bulldog
Taz

(Bottom Row)
Marty Scurll
Hangman Page
Kenny Omega
Matt Jackson
Nick Jackson
Cody Rhodes
Burnard the Business Bear
Tama Tonga

I have an unopened CM Punk I’m trying to trade for one I don’t have, because f*ck that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Reminds me of the yanks trading Sparky Lyle. to qoute Greg Nettles " HE WENT FROM CY YOUNG TO SYONARA"

That is a good quote. Thankfully after 2019 Felix Hernandez will go from (ex) Cy Young to syonara. In the land of a million Taco Del Mars this dude looks like he eats Taco Bell thrice a week. How do you miss your target with a 87mph fastball anyways . . :confused:

I have an unopened CM Punk I’m trying to trade for one I don’t have, because f*ck that guy.

Good, that would stain your entire collection. He was the worst mike guy, worst punches/kicks, almost worst athlete, and a ******* ******. Then with no fighting experience/skills/ + tons of injuries he tries to fight legit (had yet to master a fake punch!) and when he loses twice wants to be called brave!!! :rolleyes:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
So for the other Mariners here is what I think they should do. . .

Kyle Seager- don't trade now, you would be trading at a low. Let him play 3 months and trade before the deadline, odds are pretty good he will be worth more.
Mike Freakaleake- Same as Seager but probably less extreme. Let him do a little then trade.
Mitch HP Porcelain- Call me crazy but I think he would do better and increase his value as well!! but now is the best time to trade him as a lot of teams desire him.
Felix Hernandez- unmovable
Jay Bruce- can rebound and gain value but trade now to get Vogelbach some reps
Carlos Santana- trade now
Marco Gonzales- can gain value but with Tommy Juan already I would trade while you still get something as no need to risk it.
Wade Lablanc- trade now

Isn't Bob Seager notoriously bad in the second half? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but if so, trading him at the deadline would be ideal for the M's.

Also, when did Carlos Santana start playing baseball? He can play a mean guitar...a fusion of rock and Latin American jazz...but did not know he could hit a baseball. I'd hold onto him if you could...in the 7th inning stretch he could rock out some of his greatest hits and get the team all riled up and make some crazy comebacks or hit walk-off home runs.

Matt LeBlanc was hilarious in Friends, hold onto him. He could do some standup before and after game.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
Wow, very nice. That booklet is so huge I bet Floyd Mayweather couldn't even handle it.

LOL.
Personally I think those booklet cards are impractical and a storage nightmare! I'd rather sell any book card I'd pull and buy a nice On Card Certified Autograph of a player I need for my collection.

With all the proof I've dug up regarding card companies using TOTALLY FAKE "game-used" items (Pacific & Playoff, Donruss/Playoff then Panini) for cards, how can we believe ANY are real other than those with individual MLB Authentication stickers on each swatch? Then there's the card companies admittedly using Spring Training items and "special event" items. THESE ARE NOT REAL GAME-USED ITEMS!

In 2001, it was well established with Beckett, Tuff Stuff, the card companies, and the Players Associations that game-used items MUST be items used in games that count towards the athletes career stats, period.
Yet somewhere along the way, that establishment went out the window. Upper Deck started that mess in 2010 using FAKE college football jerseys & patches in products. So many collectors (and full time dealers too) became way too trusting of card companies after I got too sick to fight & report like I used to in 2009... sadly no one picked up where I left off as much as I tried to inspire that.

In 2010 (and later) Upper Deck was using FAKE "game-used" college jersey patches that were sent to players, supposedly the players put the jerseys on & took them right off and MAGICALLY they were "game-used"; NO WAY SIR & THANK YOU UPPER DECK FOR SCREWING EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT A PATCH CARD OF NFL HOF players from that JUNK game-used product! We need to stop falling for JUNK cards like this & READ THE ENTIRE CARD BACKS! Because if you did read the entire card backs of these cards, you'd be as disgusted as I was in 2010!!! I posted this on my blogs, but they are free hard to find blogs (Google+, and Facebook "What Beckett Will Never Tell You" that are easy for me to use or I'd have to chose nothing at all.

I think card companies first created these BOOKLET cards with displaying them in mind, but they failed to think of the fading that occurs when you do this (unless it's in a proper UV resistant holder AND placed in a dark enclosed cabinet with no direct light on the card anywhere- for display). Not all of us have display cabinets or the space to even put them.

These days we can't even contact one person at any card company with any power to cause positive change. Topps outright BLOCKED collectors from being able to call or email anyone at Topps (like Executives other than USELESS Joe Kellachan) who should know what collectors are thinking (especially how Customer Service SCREWED so many of us over because their own Duryea, PA employees robbed them blind of OUR On Card Autograph redemption cards and replacement cards, so they (MINERVA OR SABRINA: the two CS Witches) sent us nothing but JUNK we never wanted from 2012-2016 (or later!).

We need a few HEALTHY long time collectors who are well educated in many aspects of this hobby to fight card companies for everyone else. I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
LOL.
Personally I think those booklet cards are impractical and a storage nightmare! I'd rather sell any book card I'd pull and buy a nice On Card Certified Autograph of a player I need for my collection.

With all the proof I've dug up regarding card companies using TOTALLY FAKE "game-used" items (Pacific & Playoff, Donruss/Playoff then Panini) for cards, how can we believe ANY are real other than those with individual MLB Authentication stickers on each swatch? Then there's the card companies admittedly using Spring Training items and "special event" items. THESE ARE NOT REAL GAME-USED ITEMS!

In 2001, it was well established with Beckett, Tuff Stuff, the card companies, and the Players Associations that game-used items MUST be items used in games that count towards the athletes career stats, period.
Yet somewhere along the way, that establishment went out the window. Upper Deck started that mess in 2010 using FAKE college football jerseys & patches in products. So many collectors (and full time dealers too) became way too trusting of card companies after I got too sick to fight & report like I used to in 2009... sadly no one picked up where I left off as much as I tried to inspire that.

In 2010 (and later) Upper Deck was using FAKE "game-used" college jersey patches that were sent to players, supposedly the players put the jerseys on & took them right off and MAGICALLY they were "game-used"; NO WAY SIR & THANK YOU UPPER DECK FOR SCREWING EVERYONE WHO BOUGHT A PATCH CARD OF NFL HOF players from that JUNK game-used product! We need to stop falling for JUNK cards like this & READ THE ENTIRE CARD BACKS! Because if you did read the entire card backs of these cards, you'd be as disgusted as I was in 2010!!! I posted this on my blogs, but they are free hard to find blogs (Google+, and Facebook "What Beckett Will Never Tell You" that are easy for me to use or I'd have to chose nothing at all.

I think card companies first created these BOOKLET cards with displaying them in mind, but they failed to think of the fading that occurs when you do this (unless it's in a proper UV resistant holder AND placed in a dark enclosed cabinet with no direct light on the card anywhere- for display). Not all of us have display cabinets or the space to even put them.

These days we can't even contact one person at any card company with any power to cause positive change. Topps outright BLOCKED collectors from being able to call or email anyone at Topps (like Executives other than USELESS Joe Kellachan) who should know what collectors are thinking (especially how Customer Service SCREWED so many of us over because their own Duryea, PA employees robbed them blind of OUR On Card Autograph redemption cards and replacement cards, so they (MINERVA OR SABRINA: the two CS Witches) sent us nothing but JUNK we never wanted from 2012-2016 (or later!).

We need a few HEALTHY long time collectors who are well educated in many aspects of this hobby to fight card companies for everyone else. I CAN'T DO IT ANYMORE!

TL;DR

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Inspector Gordon: What is it young sir?
8 Year Old Child: I saw gangsters chopping up cocaine with illegal black market non MLBPA licensed trading cards...whatever should I do?
Inspector Gordon: This sounds like a case for Cardcop...let's fire up the searchlight and get the Cardcop signal in the air
8 Year Old Child: But mister, mister...I'm afraid those gangsters are going to distribute those black market non MLBPA licensed trading cards into packs this very minute!
Inspector Gordon: No worries little one, when CardCop sees the CardCop signal he comes immediately. After all, we all know non MLBPA licensed trading cards are a gateway crime that lead to autograph forgeries & fake patches
8 Year Old Child: I see him, I see him! Look at CardCop go! He's beating up the bad guys and destroying the cards! YAY CARDCOP!!! Wait a sec...why is he putting white powder up his noes?
Inspector Gordon: Well sonny, everyone has their vices
Gordon & Child look at each other and then burst out laughing
Inspector Gordon: LOL, classic CardCop! I hope you learned a lesson here little one
8 Year Old Child: Boy, I sure did! Without an MLBPA license, trading card companies have no right to depict players in MLB uniforms and if these trading card companies slip up again they'll have CardCop to deal with!
Inspector Gordon: And what else?
8 Year Old Child: Make sure to leave out some cocaine when you call him...he suuuuure does love the stuff. Look at him go
CardCop: Anyone want a booty bump?
Gordon & Child look at each other and then burst out laughing again
8 Year Old Child: You're my hero CardCop!

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
Inspector Gordon: What is it young sir?
8 Year Old Child: I saw gangsters chopping up cocaine with illegal black market non MLBPA licensed trading cards...whatever should I do?
Inspector Gordon: This sounds like a case for Cardcop...let's fire up the searchlight and get the Cardcop signal in the air
8 Year Old Child: But mister, mister...I'm afraid those gangsters are going to distribute those black market non MLBPA licensed trading cards into packs this very minute!
Inspector Gordon: No worries little one, when CardCop sees the CardCop signal he comes immediately. After all, we all know non MLBPA licensed trading cards are a gateway crime that lead to autograph forgeries & fake patches
8 Year Old Child: I see him, I see him! Look at CardCop go! He's beating up the bad guys and destroying the cards! YAY CARDCOP!!! Wait a sec...why is he putting white powder up his noes?
Inspector Gordon: Well sonny, everyone has their vices
Gordon & Child look at each other and then burst out laughing
Inspector Gordon: LOL, classic CardCop! I hope you learned a lesson here little one
8 Year Old Child: Boy, I sure did! Without an MLBPA license, trading card companies have no right to depict players in MLB uniforms and if these trading card companies slip up again they'll have CardCop to deal with!
Inspector Gordon: And what else?
8 Year Old Child: Make sure to leave out some cocaine when you call him...he suuuuure does love the stuff. Look at him go
CardCop: Anyone want a booty bump?
Gordon & Child look at each other and then burst out laughing again
8 Year Old Child: You're my hero CardCop!

You're a dick (tracy) that is...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Not very flashy and I'm not a huge fan of his but he should be a solid middle of the rotation guy, Sox need lots of pitching help

I think the main thing a 108 win team needs is to stay on budget to retain their stars. iirc JD Martinez has an opt out after next season. . . considering his uptick in output they will owe him a shtload more $$$, probably can't resign him and Betts now with this Eovaldi deal.

Best move the Sox could have made is to get in on the inevitable dumpoff tankjobs that seem to happen constantly now... this year its the M's and Dbacks and I think trading for Marco Gonzales would be a smart idea. (Owed only a mil next year)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Which leads to the next oddity: with more teams tanking for the #1 pick next year than winning it all, is Bartolo Colon the most wanted player right now? ? :| He would accomplish 3 things

1. suck, and suck for a large sample size.
2. not be that expensive
3. be that kind of gimmicky "fun" that shtty teams need to get at least 12k attendance per game.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Very nice. Somewhere around here I still have my "Mr Ass" wrestling figurine, the one where he has the lip tights. :grouphug:

Members online