User Tag List

Thread: Advent Calendar question

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advent Calendar question

My wife and I have been having a “discussion” about how to do an advent calendar, even going back to last year.

Now a disclaimer, I was raised Jewish, she Lutheran, neither of us really religious, but we do up the holidays for our child. So this isn’t really a religious question, just a question of preference, how you do it.

Without revealing who’s on what side, do you start with 1 and count up, or do you start with the highest number on the calendar and count down to 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with the high number. In a traditional sense I feel like most are designed and intended to “count down” days until Christmas not count days of the month.

HOWEVER I have seen more traditional calendar-like advents sold as well that by design are opened on day of the month (those tend to be set up pretty obviously for that method and typically is labeled “December 25th” vs “25”) so maybe the right answer depends on your particular calendar lol

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was younger, my family counted down from 12. There's an old song to count down the days where the husband would give his wife a certain gift for each day. One of the days was a dove or silk. And so on. The closer it got to Christmas day, the gifts got nicer. Or some thing like that. I'm old. So I forget stuff like that.

The song is called The Twelve Days of Christmas.

There's no right way or wrong way to do it. What ever makes your family happy. Make it a family tradition.
    Last edited by finestkind; 12-01-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start at 1.

My kids have always loved it...
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our son is 4 years old and we now have him starting at 1 working his way up to 24. He is focused on learning dates and time so we have him doing it that way this year. Last year was a huge focus on long counting so we did it as the duration of days instead of the date in December.
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album