Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The WORST Baseball card article you'll ever read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
gotta love the "official" 2nd year canseco rookie....the author obviously is one of those dolts with no clue about cards of that era - or any other era either i'd assume....

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Where in the hell is he getting his prices from? The prices he is stating are a fortune. Way high! Unless he was looking at BGS 10's for some. Or he is more likely reporting FAKE NEWS! They walk among us.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
"Shows and conventions are now the best places to find cards". when was this written? 1980's?

I admit I haven't kept up with pricing of some of those cards in the article, but many of those prices in the article seem unrealistic for what I'd think that card should be going for. I may have to do a spot check myself for curiosity now. EDIT: looked up 1987 Barry Larkin. It's hardly $15 - only a graded Tiffany reached that at about $10-11. Raw copies is more like a buck or under which is my expectation before looking it up.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yep. Articles like this are a big problem with the internet. The WWW is just flooded with useless, erroneous, gelatinous "content" created by people with nothing original to say, and no ability to say it. You know, kind of like most of my posts.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
This article seems like it was written by someone who knows about 1 molecule more about cards than the people who create listings for a 1978 Jose Oquendo for $2500 because it's old.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC

"TheSportster" is likely a 20-30 year old who thinks he knows everything yet had NOWHERE to learn anything about the hobby and it's past (since BECKETT became USELESS after 2005). So he just made it up from his delusions. VERY SAD... these are the same collectors putting 1989 Donruss UNGRADED commons on eBay for $15,000 each???

But for everyone crucifying him, how many of you spend many hours a week teaching newer collectors how to do things the right way, especially on eBay? Double edged sword, isn't it?

Members online