Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Baines, Lee Smith Headed to the Baseball Hall of Fame

cardcop05
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmath View Post
    NOW I'VE COMPLETELY LOST FAITH IN THE BASEBALL WRITERS WHO VOTE FOR HOF PLAYERS!

I've been saying that it's time to let steroid-era players into the HOF- who no one had any proof that they ever did steroids (only hearsay from crooks & scum like Canseco)!
    But instead they put a BUM into the HOF (Baines) who never would have deserved it if the Baseball Writers weren't still so hung up on punishing all the "steroid-era" players whether there was PROOF they did anything wrong OR NOT and there's many in the "OR NOT" category with HOF Stats! WTH??? Plus a semi-qualified player (Lee Smith)???

Watch how few fans show up for the ceremony in Cooperstown this summer. THIS SHAMES THE HOF FOREVER! I'll never donate to the HOF again (as broke as I've been living on Soc. Sec. Disability $1,200 a month with Advanced General Myasthenia Gravis, Hyperthymusism, Degenerative Disc Disease and Fibromyalgia, I donated every year since 2001). This total screw up will be talked about until the end of time...
    Be honest, help fix what is wrong with your world, have integrity and empathy; and you live a happy life.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardcop05 View Post
    Watch how few fans show up for the ceremony in Cooperstown this summer.
    Oh come on.
    Mariano Rivera, and probably at least Edgar Martinez, are being inducted this coming summer. The crowds will be enormous for those two. A huge crowd of White Sox fans will also be there to support Baines.

Sure, the majority of baseball fans and experts disagree with the Baines' vote, but the crowd will be as large as ever with Rivera being inducted, especially with the HOF being in New York.
    Set builder, autograph hunter and fan of the Texas Rangers & '50s-'60s Yankees

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gracecollector View Post
    WTF? Raines is already in. We're you asleep last year?

Lol! I just never thought he should be in, but if Baines is in, Raines should definitely be in. So should Dave Parker, Cecil Cooper, Darryl Strawberry, Gooden, Mattingly, Clark, Murphy, Fred Lynn, Mark Grace, Juan Gonzalez, Belle, Edgar, Lofton, Erstad, Joe Carter, and Aaron Judge.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony LaRussaís childish reaction to being called out on this was really sad.

They f*cked up, and donít like being called out on it.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the induction of roidheads Ivan Rodriguez, Piazza and Bagwell and the epitome of mediocre Baines, I just don't even care who makes it anymore. Put them all in, Bonds, Clemens, Manny, A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire, Jack Wilson, Chris Hoiles, Bob Hamelin. All of them. Who cares.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardcop05 View Post
    NOW I'VE COMPLETELY LOST FAITH IN THE BASEBALL WRITERS WHO VOTE FOR HOF PLAYERS!

I've been saying that it's time to let steroid-era players into the HOF- who no one had any proof that they ever did steroids (only hearsay from crooks & scum like Canseco)!
    But instead they put a BUM into the HOF (Baines) who never would have deserved it if the Baseball Writers weren't still so hung up on punishing all the "steroid-era" players whether there was PROOF they did anything wrong OR NOT and there's many in the "OR NOT" category with HOF Stats! WTH??? Plus a semi-qualified player (Lee Smith)???

Watch how few fans show up for the ceremony in Cooperstown this summer. THIS SHAMES THE HOF FOREVER! I'll never donate to the HOF again (as broke as I've been living on Soc. Sec. Disability $1,200 a month with Advanced General Myasthenia Gravis, Hyperthymusism, Degenerative Disc Disease and Fibromyalgia, I donated every year since 2001). This total screw up will be talked about until the end of time...
    Iím sorry youíre so angry.

dsj51
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The world is unfair. If I was at the HOF, and saw Baines plaque, id think to myself "holy crap Harold Baines. I forgot about that dude, but he was great." If I can see myself saying that in 10yrs, I dont care if he's in. Maybe the hall isnt what it was 20yrs ago, and it never will be again. But I also always think of players/people who got in on special committees as tainted lol. Like they deserve an asterisk. Who knows, I dont.

dsj51
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goobmcnasty View Post
    I’m sorry you’re so angry.
    Hahahaha

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234