Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baines, Lee Smith Headed to the Baseball Hall of Fame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
If Harold Baines got in, then Tim Raines should be in.

WTF? Raines is already in. We're you asleep last year?

Raines-plaque.png

Scartchy18

May 21, 2013
Carlos Delgado. Larry Walker. John Olerud. Steve Rogers. Larry Murphy. Ted Simmons. Curt Schilling. Edgar Martinez. On and on and on you can list players who had much better careers than Baines but aren't in the Hall. It's not Baines' fault that he was nominated or selected, though. It is a bad selection. Like many people, I have the basic 5-10 rule. Was a player one of the best players in the game for 5+ years? Baines never was for one year, to be fair. Was the player one of the best at his position for 10+ years? Baines, maybe 3. Not close to being worthy of HoF. Many other players got in the same way, cronyism. Yes, the Hall should be able to remove said players who got in by hook or crook, on on-the-field greatness. Lee Smith has an argument by the standards I said, Baines no way, but again, it's cronyism.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC

NOW I'VE COMPLETELY LOST FAITH IN THE BASEBALL WRITERS WHO VOTE FOR HOF PLAYERS!

I've been saying that it's time to let steroid-era players into the HOF- who no one had any proof that they ever did steroids (only hearsay from crooks & scum like Canseco)!
But instead they put a BUM into the HOF (Baines) who never would have deserved it if the Baseball Writers weren't still so hung up on punishing all the "steroid-era" players whether there was PROOF they did anything wrong OR NOT and there's many in the "OR NOT" category with HOF Stats! WTH??? Plus a semi-qualified player (Lee Smith)???

Watch how few fans show up for the ceremony in Cooperstown this summer. THIS SHAMES THE HOF FOREVER! I'll never donate to the HOF again (as broke as I've been living on Soc. Sec. Disability $1,200 a month with Advanced General Myasthenia Gravis, Hyperthymusism, Degenerative Disc Disease and Fibromyalgia, I donated every year since 2001). This total screw up will be talked about until the end of time...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Watch how few fans show up for the ceremony in Cooperstown this summer.
Oh come on.
Mariano Rivera, and probably at least Edgar Martinez, are being inducted this coming summer. The crowds will be enormous for those two. A huge crowd of White Sox fans will also be there to support Baines.

Sure, the majority of baseball fans and experts disagree with the Baines' vote, but the crowd will be as large as ever with Rivera being inducted, especially with the HOF being in New York.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
WTF? Raines is already in. We're you asleep last year?

Raines-plaque.png

Lol! I just never thought he should be in, but if Baines is in, Raines should definitely be in. So should Dave Parker, Cecil Cooper, Darryl Strawberry, Gooden, Mattingly, Clark, Murphy, Fred Lynn, Mark Grace, Juan Gonzalez, Belle, Edgar, Lofton, Erstad, Joe Carter, and Aaron Judge.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
With the induction of roidheads Ivan Rodriguez, Piazza and Bagwell and the epitome of mediocre Baines, I just don't even care who makes it anymore. Put them all in, Bonds, Clemens, Manny, A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire, Jack Wilson, Chris Hoiles, Bob Hamelin. All of them. Who cares.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
NOW I'VE COMPLETELY LOST FAITH IN THE BASEBALL WRITERS WHO VOTE FOR HOF PLAYERS!

I've been saying that it's time to let steroid-era players into the HOF- who no one had any proof that they ever did steroids (only hearsay from crooks & scum like Canseco)!
But instead they put a BUM into the HOF (Baines) who never would have deserved it if the Baseball Writers weren't still so hung up on punishing all the "steroid-era" players whether there was PROOF they did anything wrong OR NOT and there's many in the "OR NOT" category with HOF Stats! WTH??? Plus a semi-qualified player (Lee Smith)???

Watch how few fans show up for the ceremony in Cooperstown this summer. THIS SHAMES THE HOF FOREVER! I'll never donate to the HOF again (as broke as I've been living on Soc. Sec. Disability $1,200 a month with Advanced General Myasthenia Gravis, Hyperthymusism, Degenerative Disc Disease and Fibromyalgia, I donated every year since 2001). This total screw up will be talked about until the end of time...

I’m sorry you’re so angry.

psj

Jul 24, 2015
Long Island
The world is unfair. If I was at the HOF, and saw Baines plaque, id think to myself "holy crap Harold Baines. I forgot about that dude, but he was great." If I can see myself saying that in 10yrs, I dont care if he's in. Maybe the hall isnt what it was 20yrs ago, and it never will be again. But I also always think of players/people who got in on special committees as tainted lol. Like they deserve an asterisk. Who knows, I dont.