User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attn Player Collectors: 1998 Pacific Variations for Sale

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't touch anything made by Pacific since I fully investigated their 2001 Private Stock "game-used" baseball cards (bat & jerseys only)
    to find that they were ALL brand new Sports Authority bought (admitted by Mike Cramer to the MLBPA) items which players never even saw!

This was the 1st of two card companies I had lose all their baseball licensing (three licenses) for fraud against all collectors. I actually felt bad
    at first ending Mike Cramer's LONG hobby involvement going back to the 1960's as a sports photographer, hobby expert, & collector. But no one
    at Pacific would let me talk to him in 2001 when HOBBY PACKS (one game-used card per pack) of Private Stock showed up immediately in every
    Target store nationwide by the dozens!

I interviewed every Pacific Executive & their Legal employees who all kept refused copies of LOA's for two expensive 2001 Private Stock jersey
    cards I pulled, Mark McGwire was one, Hideo Nomo was the other. I legally tape recorded every conversations once everyone was refusing to
    send me copies of LOA's (even if they used MY IDEAS to shrink them to their specific pixelation, and put Pacific watermarks all over the LOA
    copies I was asking for). The reason they kept refusing is because THEY DIDN'T HAVE ONE LOA because they were all fake items.

By 2003, Mike Cramer threw in the towel and ended his involvement in sports cards out of SHAME! He's fell off the planet not long after...

THIS IS WHY NO ONE SHOULD EVER AUTOMATICALLY TRUST THAT A GAME-USED ITEM IS REAL! For all we know, Pacific could have
    NEVER used real game-used items in any sport!
    Be honest, help fix what is wrong with your world, have integrity and empathy; and you live a happy life.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This most recent post by @cardcop05 is kind of like cutting a fart in a quiet room. Awkward.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attn Player Collectors: 1998 Pacific Variations for Sale

It reminds me of a bit that a comedian did where someone is getting interviewed and they’re asked a question and the person responding just wildly goes off on unrelated tangents, rambling like a maniac never staying on topic. Exactly like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

joey12524
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well back to the op, is El Duque in the set

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippercards.com View Post
    This most recent post by @cardcop05 is kind of like cutting a fart in a quiet room. Awkward.
    It's just as disgusting now as it was in 2001 that people like you NEVER WANT TO KNOW THE FACTS about this hobby???

Where's MIKE CRAMER been since 2003 wiseguy? I KNOW...
    Last edited by cardcop05; 01-11-2019 at 08:24 PM. Reason: addition
    Be honest, help fix what is wrong with your world, have integrity and empathy; and you live a happy life.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cardcop05 View Post
    It's just as disgusting now as it was in 2001 that people like you NEVER WANT TO KNOW THE FACTS about this hobby???

Where's MIKE CRAMER been since 2003 wiseguy? I KNOW...
    I think more to the point of chippers post was no one was talking about game used cards from Pacific, the thread is people looking for a variation of a non GU set. We are all very happy you are single handedly taking down every bad guy out there, but unless Cramer was faking gold foil in this set it has no relevance.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, is it just the gold foil version that has the variation or do the silvers and red as well? The only thing I remember about this set were the winners are impossible to come across. Was gold the only one with the code at all??

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread, is it just the gold foil version that has the variation or do the silvers and red as well? The only thing I remember about this set were the winners are impossible to come across. Was gold the only one with the code at all??
    You got it - only the golds had a code, no variations on the others. For each card there is a base (silver), a red, and two golds that had a code on the back- one with the code printed on the left the other on the right. It’s a minor OCD variation where the code was printed. Just wanted to help out other fellow OCDers out there. Have sold a half dozen to PC guys thus far, selling them pretty reasonably. Outside of the big stars really just charging a few bucks for the code pairs to cover my time spent rummaging .

blueberry_12
     Big_Daddy_MC
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in a gold David Justice, if you have both. I have one of them, need one with the code on the other side. Not sure which one until I get home this evening to check.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interested in Darin Erstad if you have them.

Pinbreaker
     pinbreaker
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be interested in Edgar Martinez and Jay Buhner and if there are other Mariners that aren't an arm and a leg..

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM's sent for Erstad & Mariners! Ready to search for David Justice when the time comes. I found the Justice right side code variation sitting in a pile. A pretty good chance I will have the left side also, will just take a little digging. There is usually one version that seems to be made in lesser volume, is all.

Keep those requests coming!
    Last edited by chippercards.com; 01-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the team cards have this variation? If you have and extra #750 with the code on the back is in the lower left I could use it. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12