Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Guidance Needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Well, after years on eBay, I guess it was bound to happen. My first ever snafu. I apologize in advance if a member purchased this card from me. I'm simply seeking clarity as to how I should proceed.

Back on December 15, 2018, I sold my Jonathan India Blue Wave Auto /150:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Bowman-Chrome-Draft-Jonathan-India-Blue-Wave-Auto-150/173693421041?hash=item2870ef45f1:g:9FMAAOSwb15cFaUF

The guy paid and I shipped the item out. Well, he's now claiming a mark was located on the back of the card. Here's his photo for evidence:

Capture.JPG

There's no way I would've sold this item had that mark been there. As you'll see from my auction photos, no such mark exists.

The buyer is now claiming he doesn't want the card. Guess he wants a full refund now.

So, I'm clearly right here with my description and photos provided. I have evidence.

The item was shipped securely in a mailer and the card was padded in a secure envelope.

What recourse does he have? My feedback score is 100 and I'll be damned if this will ruin it. I'm fair and I'd never go out of my way to cheat someone. How do I know this card wasn't damaged on his end, while opening the package?

What do you fellas recommend?

Thanks!

John

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Thanks for the guidance fellas. I just don't feel a full refund is necessary, as I'm not getting back a damaged item that I'll no longer be able to do anything with. I'm about to send him an alternative resolution, but I feel it's going to go south. If that fails, I'll go the refund route.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Thanks for the guidance fellas. I just don't feel a full refund is necessary, as I'm not getting back a damaged item that I'll no longer be able to do anything with. I'm about to send him an alternative resolution, but I feel it's going to go south. If that fails, I'll go the refund route.

Thanks for the help!
I went the refund route. We'll see what he says because that's ultimately the end game for him anyhow. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Obviously...make sure that you get the same serial numbered card in return and that he's not trying to pull the ol' switch-a-roo.

Members online