Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favorite Player to Retire in 2018

Who was your favorite among these 2018 retirees?

• David Wright

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Adrian Beltre

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Ichiro Suzuki

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Chase Utley

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Howard

• Joe Mauer

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kyle Lohse

• Victor Martinez

• Andre Either

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Jayson Werth

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Was limited to ten options, sorry if your favorite wasn't listed (write them in comments)

Adrian Beltre
Ichiro Suzuki
David Wright
Chase Utley
Ryan Howard
Jayson Werth
Joe Mauer
Victor Martinez
Kyle Lohse
Andre Ethier

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Happy to see Ichiro retire so that all of this nonsense about "true Hit King" can stop. Pete Rose is (and probably will forever be) the true Hit King.

Beltre is probably my favorite player of those listed...he always had a fun smile on the field that made you wonder what he was up to.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Easily Joe Mauer for me as a Twins fan. I had to work the last weekend of the season, otherwise I had planned on going to the season finale. I was able to watch his farewell game on TV and it was great to see him come out in his catcher's gear for one final pitch. I got a little teary eyed watching it. I was 10 years old when he made his debut and I was just really getting into watching Twins games so it was a bittersweet moment for me

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Beltre was my favorite on this list, still wish Boston kept him more than a year. Lots of good names on the list, should make for fun HOF discussion/arguments in five years.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Andre Ethier was my favorite current player, ever since I met him in AA Midland back in 2005. I'd talk to him often before games and he gave me two of his bats and I have a big collection of his in cards and autographs.

(Ethier's name is misspelled in the poll.)

I love Beltre too, as a Rangers fan. And Ichiro.
Damn, that's three of my top 5 favorite active players and they all retired this year.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ichiro is expected to play in the Oak vs Sea series in Japan, so he isn't done yet.

Beltre retiring surprised me as I think he could have reached 500 HR.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
While I have a lot of respect for all the players and retiring is a very tough thing to do, my answer is super easy....David Wright.

Went to his final game, it was very emotional. What a great dude, played the game "the right way" and all that, wonderful role model and team representative. Sad to finally say goodbye and the reason for it stinks, but his time with the Mets will be remembered fondly.

Jul 12, 2017
Lots of good names on that list. East Coast bias here, but David Wright's final game was the most touching moments of that group. Sure, Mauer got a chance to play catcher again and many on that list got a nice sendoff, but for David who was on a HOF pace before all the injuries happened meant so much to that organization both on and off the field.

Sent from my VS996 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
with the retirement of David Wright and Adrian Beltre, no MLB team in 2019 has a Captain.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts