Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2019 hobby (or non) goals!

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    So....after the Great 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold PWCC Feeding Frenzy, goal #2 is officially checked off!

Attachment 86286
    that's freaking amazing! congrats!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I can't wait to see it when I get home in May.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelstepper View Post
    that's freaking amazing! congrats!
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Thanks. I can't wait to see it when I get home in May.
    I would be going insane not being able to hold and see something like that immediately

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    1. Continue working 70% of total cards from 2017/2018 and 2019. Very close on 2017 but still at just over 50 for 2018. Way to may low numbered parallel cards this year.
    2. Complete the sell off of my Morneau collection.
    3. Add 2 1/1's to my Puckett collection.
    4. Add 5 Exhibits to my Puckett set. I didn't even see one I needed this year so it may be impossible.
    5. Continue to reduce overall debt. I made great strides in this area this year and hope to continue this in 2019.
    6. Lose weight. Any area I struggle with tremendously. I really need to get a solid loss in 2019. My goal is to lose 50lbs.
    Figured I'm overdue for an update.

1. Right now 2017 is at 68%, 2018 is at 52%, and 2019 is at 55%. I am slowly getting close to the goal but need to add some really low numbered stuff to make it.
    2. Complete
    3. Added one so far this year. Missed on a few others. Hopefully land a few by the time the year is done.
    4. Haven't even seen one I need.
    5. Basically down to just my mortgage payment. I have been paying more each month to the principle so this heading the right direction.
    6. Been up and down so far. Right now I am down 11 lbs from the start of the year but I still think I can get there.
    Last edited by jszczech; 06-23-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    Kirby Puckett Collection: 2148/2990 71.84% (As of 5/13/14)
    Current Most Wanted Kirby Puckett's (As of 2/5/17):
    1. 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold
    2. 1992 Ace Novelty #307
    3. 2015 Panini Prizm Blue Baseball Retail Parallel
    4. 2016 Donruss 1982 Test Proofs Magenta/10
    5. 2015 Panini Cooperstown Golf

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jszczech View Post
    Figured I'm overdue for an update.

1. Right now 2017 is at 68%, 2018 is at 52%, and 2019 is at 55%. I am slowly getting close to the goal but need to add some really low numbered stuff to make it.
    2. Complete
    3. Added one so far this year. Missed on a few others. Hopefully land a few by the time the year is done.
    4. Haven't even seen one I need.
    5. Basically down to just my mortgage payment. I haven't paying more each month to the principle so this heading the right direction.
    6. Been up and down so far. Right now I am down 11 lbs from the start of the year but I still think I can get there.
    looks like you're headed in the right direction on all accounts. great progress

griffey-collector
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here are my 6 month update:

goal #1: stick to my main PC's.
    I accomplished many things in 2018 but also spent a ton on stuff I'm now trying to sell because the newness has worn off.

Hahaha yeah. I was on fire the first 4 months only picking up PC needs and letting everything else go. Then my pickups dried up and I've filled the void by starting a trout PC

goal #2: I have 111 cards remaining on my needs lists for my sweet spot sets. down from 260+ this time last year. I'd like to realistically get that down to 85-90
    (and possibly start 03 classic)

I've started 03 classic AND my needs list was in the mid 80's by April. Still many needs simply aren't showing up, hence the Trout pc

goal #3: sell all the stuff I dont need. this is a constant. I keep buying blasters for no reason, topps living set suckered me In and old PC starts that flamed out sit in a box. some has disappeared but I'd love to get rid of the entire thing.

Still grabbed a few blasters now and then but I'd say my sales box is down to about 50% of what it was. slow process but it is going out the door.

goal #4: continue the transition on my HOF auto PC to 2004 legendary cuts. sold a huge chunk of misc years. now waiting for new listings

This one is the easiest. I've snagged a handful here or there. Again, nothing new seems to get listed. A bunch I need available but all overpriced

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123