Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

,\\\\\\\\\******GOOD SUNDAY MT*******///// 12/30

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Morning All!

Been cataloging my PC.

I have looked at the several (very outdated) programs available on the 'net. They're all terrible.

Been scavenging the forums to see how others catalog their stuff. Seems as if spreadsheet is the most popular. Let me tell you, I tried the spreadsheet thing and wanted to hang myself. No way can I look at the boring mundane spreadsheet and enter all the data.

Then, on YouTube watching a spreadsheet video using Google Docs and in the video, they suggested using Google Forms to enter your data then linking your Google Forms answers to a spreadsheet in Google Sheets. So, I created a Google Form (you create your custom questions in many different formats - even allows to add pics) with player, year, card company, set release, parallel/insert type, card #, Serial #, the method for storage (binder - 1 touch - top loader) and where it's stored and then submit. Holy Smokes! The Google Forms created a spreadsheet for me with the answers to the Google Form. This is so much easier and best of all, you can do it from your phone too. Plus if you need to edit an entry, you can do it right on the spreadsheet and Google Sheets automatically saves everything for you.

I'm about 5% done with my quest to catalog my PC. I plan on spending the month of January completing the data entry.

Enjoy All!

Fordman

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Indeed let’s see some screenshots! Sounds cool. I have used Google sheets for a long time and it’s convenient as heck. Sure it can get a little mundane. I see a lot of people using Trading Card DB and am actually entering my first cards on there now mostly just for something to do on a lazy morning. I would like to see them upgrade their clunky ass interface and put out a mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Indeed let’s see some screenshots! Sounds cool. I have used Google sheets for a long time and it’s convenient as heck. Sure it can get a little mundane. I see a lot of people using Trading Card DB and am actually entering my first cards on there now mostly just for something to do on a lazy morning. I would like to see them upgrade their clunky ass interface and put out a mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

YES, I started the tcdb but it was so slow and I found missing info in a few cases I gave up. I think starting my own system with a picture is the way to go

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
that looks awesome. You can do it off your phone? I dont have any sort of computer

I believe you can set it up from a phone. I havent tried it but with everything Google, you probably can since they're a mobile platform. I added some cards from my phone yesterday while waiting for the oil to be changed in my truck. So far, it seems to be somewhat easy to do. Does take some trial and error for the first few entries. I might make a better video later tonight and add sound to walk through the steps.

Fordman

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
View attachment 85587

This a legit company that I can trust to be a legit auto?

Yes, Fanatics is a good company. They are an official MLB seller/reseller. Good chance if you buy something from MLB webstore, it will come from Fanatics but branded from the MLB Webstore. Fanatics also does the same for the NFL, NHL, NBA, NCAA, USA Baseball, MiLB, MLS and several other sports leagues.

Fordman

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts