Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2018 Bowman Draft Nolan Gorman Superfractor Auto 1/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Also, [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] is this a bot of some sort? I mean, great info for a non-English speaker who is kicking tires on a Nolan Gorman Automobile, but uh, W the F?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I still feel that spending anywhere near that much (I'll use 5 figure as a cut off, but high 4 figure is crazy too) is just too much for a hobby, unless you are independently wealthy and set for life. I would assume anyone spending that kind of money is expecting to flip it for a profit. Someday we probably will either all be talking about this with a "if only I would have bought it" mentality, or a "remember when this $100 card sold for $15K HAHA!

I bought my very first card from a pack of 1978 Topps and was hooked from day one. I have spent a lot of money over the years and never kept track, more than I know for certain and probably more than I would ever like to admit. However, it has been a long road of many, many, many smaller purchases. At this moment in time, it appears the 1949 Leaf Jackie Robinson PSA4 is my best ever buy for a return. I think I spent around $500 for it and was scared to do so at the time (but this was a must have for me since childhood), as I equated that to being equal to a solid used car at the time.

I am still somewhat proud (that I controlled it from going higher), yet also embarrassed (that I still spent $1K+ on a single baseball card), that my largest single expenditure for a card was around $1200. That was in the last couple years and was a 1933 Goudey Ruth #181 PSA1, a card I have wanted badly since I was a kid. Keep in mind I am now 51 and both my wife and I have good jobs, are fairly smart with our finances and we are lucky enough to be able to afford luxuries like this from time to time and not have it impact our living conditions.

I am not certain any longer, but I think my record for a new (post 1980) card is probably in the $300 neighborhood. I probably regret it too deep down inside. Too much to have spent even now, in my mind. I know there are many who have spent MUCH less on their top cards and also many more who laugh at my $1200 purchase as they venture into the 4, 6 and 6 figure purchases frequently.

Members online

No members online now.