Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

State Sales Tax for select States on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Saw this elsewhere and sure enough., went to check out on some items won and I get to pay an extra 10% now for anything I win. Another or many growing reasons to

(1) Stop collecting cards
(2) Move out of Washington

I really don't want to do either at this exact moment, but eventually would like to on both accounts.

I am certainly at a slight disadvantage now when bidding on items that might offer tight winning margins and higher end prices. I didn't catch the other States listed, because frankly it didn't affect me, but this is a true bummer. I think with the New Year, it is my question to narrow down the focus to extreme wants moving forward.

Anyone else get this added bonus from their State?

I guess since we don't pay State income tax, I got used to the bonus buying online (since we have paid sales tax locally for years_.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
If you lived in Massachusetts, there are two things you can't escape. Death and taxes. A few years ago, instead of calling it a tax. They call it a user fee. The only things not taxed in Massachusetts are clothing (below $175.00 value above at 6.25%) and food that you buy at the store.

Members online