Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dave & Adams store looks awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Been there many times. I just wish they had junk wax and legit quarter to $1 boxes for singles. If you want junk wax or singles, it's absolutely terrible. They have more board games than singles and junk wax boxes combined. As a trading card store, I would think they would cater more to trading card collectors. For newer unopened, great. For actual collectors and/or junk wax people, nada. There is a store called Center Ice Sports Cards near there that blows them out of the water with actual collector type stuff (junk wax, singles, etc), and it's about the size of a van.

Last edited:

djmilhaus

Sep 8, 2014
Seattle
Wow, I always just assumed it was an internet store only. Also not what I would have guessed for floor space with the apparel, toys, video games, board games, etc. Just assumed it was a warehouse full of cases and boxes with no public access.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have to guess that they are not paying rent on that and maybe own the warehouse outright or rent there is ridiculously low per square foot? That is a lot of wasted space right there and if you are paying top dollar for retail space, that is not the way to go in my opinion. Why do you need 60 boxes of the same thing on a table? You need your customer to see that you have the product and then if they want more than they see, they ask and you have it stashed away. I imagine they probably would sell more of the new unopened stuff online anyway.

The draw of a card shop for me is the joy of just looking through their inventory for neat stuff and discovering things you didn't know existed or had not seen for a while. Most small shops tend to be a bit cluttered and you never know what you'll find within that clutter. Again, most will have a small unopened selection to help keep the lights on, but it's the bargain boxes, singles and random stuff you find on tables, shelves and the wall that has always been my thing.

That place in the video gave me a Walmart feel. No thanks!

A perfect comparison would be most of the card shops in Cooperstown, only smaller scale. They are targeting the casual fan and they all look and carry mostly the same stuff. Lots of MLB merchandise only non-collectors seem to want to buy, everything grossly overpriced and hardly anything unique.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts