Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jersey-Numbered Parallel Sets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
There has been a handful of parallel sets or inserts that feature a different number of copies for each card, corresponding to the player's jersey number. As an aficionado of low-print-run parallels, this was always one of my favorite kinds of sets. Very challenging to complete because there's always an Ozzie Smith or Billy Martin or Brian Roberts with just a single copy, plus the Jeters, Bregmans, and Bogaerts with #2, Ruth and A-Rod at #3, and so on, with huge collector profiles who scoop them up and disappear them basically forever. But I'd like to create a list of such sets here. Please add in ones I'm missing, I'm pretty sure there were a couple more.

2003 UD SPx Spectrum Gold (veterans #/jersey, plus a subset for prospects #/125)
2005 UD Ultimate Signature Numbers (all autographed)
2007 UD Spectrum Blue Die-Cuts

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Some of my favorite cards. Yea they can really be tough with both player and set collectors going after them. I was happy to add these Lofton's recently.

2000 SP Authentic Chirography Gold
0qiBn43.jpg

2001 Donruss Elite Status

*edit also add: 2001 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Platinum Jersey Number

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Every year of Donruss Elite the parallel Status is to a players jersey #.

The parallel Aspirations / Inspirations is (100 - the jersey #) to make 100 copies total of both.

* Except 2002 Donruss Elite. They reversed the order that year - the Aspirations were to the jersey #, the status was the other 100.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Don't know if it applied to all players, but the 99 UD Inkredible Level 2 gold signature of Garvey was /6.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
UD 500 HR Club Game Used Bat Autographs..

Initially some of them were numbered to their jersey number. But for some reason, they decided to make Griffey's numbered to /25 instead of /24..
(not mine, but I wish)

mays-auto.jpg

tedw.jpg

killebrew auto.jpg

Ernie Banks .JPG

Jackson.JPG

mccovey.JPG

palmeiro-auto1.jpg

mcgwire.jpg

Attachments

• Sosa.jpg
    Sosa.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Per cardpedia, it seems all cards were numbered to jersey #'s in level 2.

"Each INKredible autograph is also available in a Level 2 parallel, which is serial-numbered to the player's respective uniform jersey number."

Don't know if it applied to all players, but the 99 UD Inkredible Level 2 gold signature of Garvey was /6.

Inkredible Front copy.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
2002 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Jersey Numbers

2002 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Absolutely Ink Numbers

2002 UD SP Authentic Game Jersey Gold

2003 Fleer E-X Behind the Numbers "Numbers"

2003 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Jersey Numbers

2003 Leaf Limited Threads Jersey Numbers

Also it seems some of the myriad 2005 Absolute Tools of the Trade set were limited to the jersey number, but I can't be bothered to look it up to confirm. I hate that set.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts