Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

15 Year Old TTM received

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
First of all I would like to say I know this is not the TTM forum but what happened today I believe needs it's own thread.

I don't post on card forums much anymore as I really don't collect cards anymore.

Today I went to the mailbox and got Saturday's mail. There was only one envelope in the box. I looked at it with amazement as I thought I knew what it was but have not sent TTMs in many many years. I received a TTM with a preposted letter that had a .37 cent stamp on it. Doing a quick search .37 cent stamps were used from 2002 to 2006. I further narrowed it down to 2004 or 2005 since I moved to my current home in 2004. I am just amazed that Glenn Hubbard sent this TTM roughly 15 years later. Thanks Mr. Hubbard.

Attachments

• IMG_6220.JPG
    IMG_6220.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6221.JPG
    IMG_6221.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
That's nuts! I wonder if he made 15 years of utility payments all at once too...

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
he signs regular IP at games when he coaches . i keep getting the SNAKE card signed and we will talk about it - this was for a joke and he didn't know it was going to be on a card - SO he says .

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
That’s great! Don’t you wonder where it’s been for the last 15 years?

I remember reading an article a while back that someone got a ttm request back many years later from don carman of the Phillies. In the article, carman said something to the tune of he was moving and came across a bag of fan mail from his playing days that had gotten put away and forgotten about. He ended up signing them all and mailing them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Edit to add that I found the article...they had gotten put behind some stuff in his garage and was doing some cleaning and came across them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate....layer-answers-his-fan-mail-15-years-later.amp

Last edited:

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
That's wild!

I've only had one go over a year or two... Scott Leuis. He had a Gold Leaf rookie card... I got it back 6-7 years later, LOL.

coachgregc

Mar 4, 2017
Got mine back today...same situation. Mine was postmarked Sept. 5, 2008, and I had long given up on this one. That ties my record...Tony Graffanino came back TTM at 11 years (2004-2015) and Heath Miller took 10 years (2005-2015). Glad to see Hubbard getting to the bottom of the pile.

Members online

Latest posts