Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Great 1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Auctions Of 2019 From PWCC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Not what I expected to see on eBay tonight.

I feel like this is going to need a thread all to itself.

It’s mesmerizing just to scroll through them on the app and watch the gold go by.

I will enjoy watching, and good luck to everyone who goes after their guy!

(I guess there are 130+ mirror blues as well, but...)

And go...

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I saw the Mark Grace's pop up. Will have to look at the others. The Grace, to my eyes, looks like the protective film was peeled. Are all of them peeled? I actually prefer them not peeled, although they don't show as well.

Glad I already have the 3 Graces (Gold, Blue, Red). Will be interesting to see the hammer prices!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
That's a whole lot, makes me wonder what other 90s treasures that consignee (consignor?? I'm not sure which is which) has. It would be hard to believe there wasn't more from other sets and years unless they've already sold them off.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Really interesting auctions. I will be really curious to see end prices for all of them. There's an Alomar in the mix but it's a PSA 6. I think it's because it has two refractor lines. Normally I don't care about that stuff, but for a white whale it does make a difference to me. I don't think I would be happy if I paid top dollar for a cornerstone card and then had to stare at its imperfections unhappily ever after...

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Very interested in the Frank here. I hope the grade deters everyone else from bidding.

Dec 4, 2008
So how about an over/under for what all those mirrors are going to sell for? With 100+ in the lot and some key ones like Frank Thomas, Puckett, and others in the lot I have to think that all of these Mirror Golds are going to top $100,000. Maybe $150,000? Hell of a collection!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
So how about an over/under for what all those mirrors are going to sell for? With 100+ in the lot and some key ones like Frank Thomas, Puckett, and others in the lot I have to think that all of these Mirror Golds are going to top $100,000. Maybe $150,000? Hell of a collection!

The top 10-15 will really drive the overall price in the group. I would take the under on the gold's going for 100k. However if a few player collectors get heated I could be wrong.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Very impressive collection. I hope someone goes to the trouble of tallying up the grand total brought in for the collection. :p

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Insane action on the Puckett already, someone earlier said it's the first copy for sale since 2001 and it shows.

I looked up the RJ golds on PWCC & it shows the last sale in 2011 for $240. Feels like I'm probably gonna have to bid higher than that. But vintagesnowmobiles has had 2 listed for ages, so I at least know the ceiling on my guy.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Any speculations as to where this MG/MB collection came from? You think someone passed and their card collection being sold via PWCC?

PWCC also listed massive lots of 1993 Finest refractors...who the hell had all of these!? I'd like to shake their hand!

heydief

Aug 29, 2018
Well tonight's the night for all of these beautiful 1996 Mirror Gold PWCC auctions. Good luck to all going after their PC guy!

Members online