Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*******MONDAY MORNING THREAD 1/14/18***********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Morning everyone, back to work...at least I've only got another 25-30 years, I'm sure that will fly by

38 years last two jobs . 24 /14 last . save every dollar you can . at this time SS is about 1/3 i made . how / where retirement money is matters . maybe next fall i'll go part time somewhere . so far [2 year] not touched retirement $$ . What gets you is car expenses repair or payments
Yes last few years will fly by

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
38 years last two jobs . 24 /14 last . save every dollar you can . at this time SS is about 1/3 i made . how / where retirement money is matters . maybe next fall i'll go part time somewhere . so far [2 year] not touched retirement $$ . What gets you is car expenses repair or payments
Yes last few years will fly by

Totally agree. Start planning and investing for retirement...NOW!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Totally agree. Start planning and investing for retirement...NOW!

Great advice, gents. I started sinking as much as I could into 401k plans starting right out of college. First company I was with matched up to 8%...that was nice. Currently, I'm sinking about 20% of my income into the company savings plan and pension.

Never pass up the opportunity to receive advice from those that have been there before you.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all! Get to work with the annoying one at work all week since she is retiring and I'm taking on some of her duties. But I do have an excuse to browse eBay since I found out yesterday that I won a contest over on Blowout and the prize was a $75 BIN card off of eBay. Any suggestions on a nice HOF auto in that price range?

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Great advice, gents. I started sinking as much as I could into 401k plans starting right out of college. First company I was with matched up to 8%...that was nice. Currently, I'm sinking about 20% of my income into the company savings plan and pension.

Never pass up the opportunity to receive advice from those that have been there before you.

former job would match -5 years 5% ,10 years 10% ---20 years 100% before all these retirement plans sold out when i was at 18 years . lost 50G in that BUT got it back plus . my best advice look at who your company sells to RESEARCH - bought at 25 hit 200 a share . i was in $hitty business = toliet paper LOL

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
Good morning! Ended up with 6" of snow over the weekend. Hopefully it melts before the next batch comes in Thursday. 1"-3" Friday & another 1"-3" Saturday. 15 for a high Sunday for the Chiefs / Patriots game.

Members online