Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Building a website for a college project. A few questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
With this HTML site ai am using Notepad++. Since this is my first website I am building I was wondering is there a limit on pictures you can add. There are over 1900 Jeter cards from 1992 to 1999 and I was looking at getting scans of them all front and back that I own to be posted on the site. Now this will not be done in the 3 weeks I have left but I know we have some experienced veterans here that could help me out. It will not be completely done for a long while due to me not being very close to most of my collection. But I plan to get it started and tweak it during that time. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Depending on your web host, there really isn't a limit on amount of pics you can store; it all boils down to how much space and bandwidth they give you with your plan.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
The service provider would be the one to tell you that. These days, space is so cheap that even on a free account you can surely store all the photos you have with plenty to spare, unless they're all scanned in 48-bit color as 1200dpi.

Also, you can store things in different places, and there are literally dozens of places to store photos. If your host doesn't provide enough space, you can put some pics on Google Drive, some on Photobucket, some on Imgur, etc., and link to the images accordingly.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good luck. Great idea to scan both fronts and backs. Wish I had done that from the start. I've got over 2600 card scans on markgrace.com. You won't have a problem storing the scans with virtually any host.

You'll find having your collection scanned so convenient! I just pull up my website on my phone at any card show or shop and instantly know if I have the card. Sometimes the dealer see me doing it and it helps in negotiations. They know their card is going to a dedicated collector and they tend to believe you when you tell them what the card is selling for.

For my sites, I use 2mhost.com. $33 per year hosting + $15 year for URL domain name.

Last edited:

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I use Google Site to host. I have the free version, but you can also use their premium (for fee service) with your own URL.

https://sites.google.com/site/pinstripedpursuit/

You can upload photos to Google Drive which has tons of storage and link through that. I also like how you can resize image by simply adding dimensions to end of image as this...
jpg?height=400&width=284

This maybe a standard feature with all sites, but I've only come across it with Google Sites. They also have a gallery feature, but I don't have many pictures posted here for me to use that.

Anyway, another option for you.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Good luck. Great idea to scan both fronts and backs. Wish I had done that from the start. I've got over 2600 card scans on markgrace.com. You won't have a problem storing the scans with virtually any host.

You'll find having your collection scanned so convenient! I just pull up my website on my phone at any card show or shop and instantly know if I have the card. Sometimes the dealer see me doing it and it helps in negotiations. They know their card is going to a dedicated collector and they tend to believe you when you tell them what the card is selling for.

For my sites, I use 2mhost.com. $33 per year hosting + $15 year for URL domain name.

Thanks I will look them up I have most of mine scanned but need to track down the hard drive. I will probably just pull from my photobucket website at the moment. It will be a process but I think it will look good when I am done.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts