Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1988 sets make history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
With Edgar making the HOF, that now brings the amount of different HOF players with a rc in 1988 sets to five.

Glavine
Smoltz
Edgar
alomar
Biggio

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
The awful thing is probably the Griffey Upper Deck is the most expensive. I guess maybe the Alomar Score Traded could compete I remember it having some value cause the set was limited but seeing I don’t buy Beckett or search for those cards I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That the most for any one year, I take it? In all fairness, I think using the Traded/Update sets is kind of cheating personally. Those players were added later, after being recognized above and beyond (usually), where as if you look at the prior Topps sets (before traded/update sets), if the guy didn't have his own card, he had a slim shot at sharing on one of the prospect cards, but that was limited. Imagine if Topps had done a traded set every year prior to 1981! There is also the factor of multiple sets to pick from vs a single set year in and out.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
Ahhh, trying to apply today's asinine rookie card parameters to cards from 30 years ago. Call them whatever you want, the market has the final say. For Smoltz and Biggio, the market says 1988.

Arthur

Members online

No members online now.