Thread: Boomerang Cards?

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boomerang Cards?

When I sold out of virtually everything and looked to get a few of my favorites back, I checked eBay only to find one of the cards I wanted was gone. I reached out to the buyer and even with a generous offer, we couldn't get a deal done. A month or so later, it was on eBay at auction with a different seller, and I was able to secure it! It took three different sellers, but eventually it came back to me

Have you ever had a boomerang card before? A card that you picked up, sold/traded away and came back to you? What was it, and does the back story enhance the enjoyment you have of it?
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been selling some pc cards for awhile. Retired newer cards i need were few and far between, frees me up for other things. i let this go a while ago
    seen it on ebay yada yada.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    When I sold out of virtually everything and looked to get a few of my favorites back, I checked eBay only to find one of the cards I wanted was gone. I reached out to the buyer and even with a generous offer, we couldn't get a deal done. A month or so later, it was on eBay at auction with a different seller, and I was able to secure it! It took three different sellers, but eventually it came back to me

Have you ever had a boomerang card before? A card that you picked up, sold/traded away and came back to you? What was it, and does the back story enhance the enjoyment you have of it?
    A psychologist would have a field day with you, and I say that in the nicest possible way.
    Last edited by brian26; 01-26-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go back Jack do it again, wheel going round and round. You go back Jack do it again.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brian26 View Post
    A psychologist would have a field day with you, and I say that in the nicest possible way.
    I'm a 38 year old in love with baseball cards - what else would you expect?
    Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME!

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One that comes to mind is the 2007 UD Spectrum Blue Die-cuts Brian Roberts 1/1. I kept wanting to make a jersey-serial-numbered set, and that was one that I thought was feasible, though the cards are only mildly attractive. I bought several of the low-numbered ones, including the Roberts, who was the only 1/1 in the set, but quickly gave up. I had missed the release of the set, which wasn't broken very heavily, and it seemed pointless and impossible. So I dumped most of it. Then a while later another person who also looked like they had attempted the set and gave up listed a bunch, including the Roberts. So I scooped it up again.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
    I'm a 38 year old in love with baseball cards - what else would you expect?
    sometimes the chase is better, than having them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sold this on October 1 2018 because I had decided no more stickers or unlicensed cards in my McGwire auto collection. The buyer listed it for sale again a few weeks ago for $500 OBO. I offered $300 and he accepted, so now it has returned home. With the incredible patches I will have a hard time selling it again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190128_114615.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	86567

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    sometimes the chase is better, than having them.
    I wholeheartedly agree - in fact, I say as much in my book!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something makes me think that Mr Mouschi will have about 2,500+ boomerang cards!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Something makes me think that Mr Mouschi will have about 2,500+ boomerang cards!

On the bright side, he can then write a book about divorce and sports cards

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry View Post
    On the bright side, he can then write a book about divorce and sports cards

zc3009
    Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Sold it after Span was traded from the Twins, picked it up about a year ago after deciding to go after some Twins patches. Can't remember what I bought with the money the first time I sold it, but I figured I had a game used jersey with 10 buttons already or so. Glad to have it back now