Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Twinsfest 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
In years past, this was great time to get together, swap a few cards, check each other's needs, have a drink beforehand, and have a great time. Times change, people come and go, collecting focus changes.

So without any pre-get together, I went, eventually met up with [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] on Friday night, went alone on Saturday. Typically, my wife comes with me and we're able to split up and hit more lines efficiently. For being on my own, I did alright.

20190126_201002.jpeg
20190126_202415.jpeg
20190126_200630.jpeg
20190126_201153.jpeg
20190126_203003.jpeg
20190126_203036.jpeg
20190126_203036.jpeg
20190126_202921.jpeg

The poster of Mauer was a giveaway on entering. No idea how many were printed/handed out each day. Saw some auto'ed by Joe. I got the artist's sig at the Fan HQ table.

Funny thing about getting two by Royce Lewis. I got one Friday night, and had forgotten about it, so had him sign one on Saturday, even though I had planned on Kirilloff on a ball. But two Lewis balls is not so bad. Kirilloff was a free auto all weekend and his line was always huge. Everyone knows this kid is a stud! Had an 8x10 ready for Kaat, but went with a ball instead. Very pleased with how the Topps Now cards came out. No bleeding at all. Wont really be able to complete the set with those gone (Santana, Escobar, Dozier, etc.) but encouraged to have other Topps Now cards signed.

Anyone else have autos to share?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
In years past, this was great time to get together, swap a few cards, check each other's needs, have a drink beforehand, and have a great time. Times change, people come and go, collecting focus changes.

So without any pre-get together, I went, eventually met up with [MENTION=1953]Musial Collector[/MENTION] on Friday night, went alone on Saturday. Typically, my wife comes with me and we're able to split up and hit more lines efficiently. For being on my own, I did alright.

View attachment 86539
View attachment 86540
View attachment 86544
View attachment 86541
View attachment 86542
View attachment 86543
View attachment 86543
View attachment 86545

The poster of Mauer was a giveaway on entering. No idea how many were printed/handed out each day. Saw some auto'ed by Joe. I got the artist's sig at the Fan HQ table.

Funny thing about getting two by Royce Lewis. I got one Friday night, and had forgotten about it, so had him sign one on Saturday, even though I had planned on Kirilloff on a ball. But two Lewis balls is not so bad. Kirilloff was a free auto all weekend and his line was always huge. Everyone knows this kid is a stud! Had an 8x10 ready for Kaat, but went with a ball instead. Very pleased with how the Topps Now cards came out. No bleeding at all. Wont really be able to complete the set with those gone (Santana, Escobar, Dozier, etc.) but encouraged to have other Topps Now cards signed.

Anyone else have autos to share?

Whoops. Got the Kaat twice, instead of the poster.1548557374245~2.jpeg

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Nice poster Greg. I made a last minute decision to attend on Friday based on work schedule and not being able to go Sat or Sun. Then a meeting got pushed back an hour and the meeting lasted longer than planned. Got to Twinsfest at 6 and went to the bar to buy the Goose Island pint glass and enjoyed a few beers with dinner. Wandered for an hour and dug through some dollar boxes. Generally enjoyed a low key no kids kind of evening.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Looks like you had a blast [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]! I couldn't make it this year with a newborn at home. [MENTION=4648]TGutta[/MENTION] was kind enough to help out a lot and got a few things signed for me- Carew 8x10, Morris HOF ball, Kaat GG ball, Kirilloff ball, and then a few cards as well. I really hope that I can go next year as I missed being there, but I'm glad it was for a good reason this time. And I'm also working on that 2017 NOW postseason set. I think I only have three done though- Polanco, Escobar, and Hildenberger.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Nice work [MENTION=2159]Greg Cleveland[/MENTION]! I don't get on here much anymore, but should have prior to TwinsFest for a meet up. I usually try and stick to 1 or 2 days, but with helping others out and specific lines I wanted to hit, I ended up going all 3 days. Brought the fiancé along with on Friday and Sunday for help, but I was by myself on Saturday as well!

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
That's quite the nice haul Greg! Congrats!!
I'm going to have to attempt to go to the Tigerfest one of these years. My interest this was sparked this year when I read an article online saying that it was rumored that Miggy "might" be a participant, but when I looked at the date it was the SAME DAY!! And to make matters worse, He was there!!! :sad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts