Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - Feb 2019! It’s as cold as Pete Rose’s Hall of Fame chances!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
as for Pete Rose, I can't wait for someone to break his hit record.. I think Altuve is slightly ahead of pace but who knows if he can keep up.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I'll never condone his part in betting on baseball when he clearly knew the consequences of his actions if he ever got caught, but if there was ever a player who deserves to be in based on how he played and the stats he put up, he does.

And his record will never, ever be broken.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I don't think its impossible. He hit career .303, so its about someone just getting a bigger sample size. With more teams tanking these days I can see playing an old guy to get more people in the seats. The key might be someone like Ichiro coming along who can beat out groundballs... have you seen him when he was 22? :eek:

If someone hit .320 over that sample then it would be impossible.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Another factor I forgot to mention is Rose did it without DH and recovery drugs, so there is certainly room for improvement.

Im sure Jay Bruce hopes that he wont be flipped. Most players know once they start getting bumped around the league, their career is just about over. Id like to see him back in Cincinnati.

Fordman

I think the first sign of Bruce doing well and he will be traded... Dipoto is a trade machine! He completed a trade recently while getting a lung surgery. :confused:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I open the ESPN app today and see the story headline "Milos Mikolas open to longterm deal with Cardinals." ...well no ****, he's 30 and just spent several years in Japan, I can't imagine he would turn down long term security. This is the reason I hate slow off season FA signings, I have to read something like that, that has no right being a story unless I was reading Duh Magazine, instead of reading about who's signing where, it's simply a result of bored writers.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I open the ESPN app today and see the story headline "Milos Mikolas open to longterm deal with Cardinals." ...well no ****, he's 30 and just spent several years in Japan, I can't imagine he would turn down long term security. This is the reason I hate slow off season FA signings, I have to read something like that, that has no right being a story unless I was reading Duh Magazine, instead of reading about who's signing where, it's simply a result of bored writers.

A funny one I read was "Machado thinking about meeting with Padres" holy sht, he is that lazy?! :eek: Its Feb and he hasn't even met with 1 of the 3 teams that could possibly sign him.

Members online

Latest posts