Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - Feb 2019! It’s as cold as Pete Rose’s Hall of Fame chances!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I tried something similar at work with a guy who was screaming "the owners are colluding!" So I work retail and I told him look at our business, it makes sense that the CEO makes more money than us, he's making all the decisions and ultimately the responsibility of a company and call it half a million workers rely on good decisions. If I'm a GM or an owner I'm not comfortable betting on an athlete staying at the top of his profession for 10 years and staking my job to it.
Then he says "it's not fair the owners make way more money" so I told him the owners make more money in ANY job field, if players don't like it certainly a few could retire early, form an ownership pact and buy a team. I'm willing to bet a huge amount of money that Bryce Harper as an owner isnt paying 300mil over 10 years to anyone because he knows it's almost impossible to live up to.
It's not collusion, owners/GM's just finally aren't being *********.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, and I think another big factor not mentioned is not only GMs are getting smarter but fans are getting smarter too. You can't take an Arod in 2019 and put him on a team with shtty pitching and hope fans pack the stadium. People know all your flexibility to round out the roster is gone... they would rather you suck for high draft picks if your'e going to suck anyways.

oh, and 2000 Arod is waaaaay better than Harper/Machado. The guy was a middle infield Mike Trout.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It would be so great if it did happen, and happened while he was alive.
Rose turns 78 in April. There's no way he'll live to see it.

Altuve is the only current player with a shot, with four 200-hit seasons and 1,400 hits in eight years, and he's still almost 3,000 hits away from Rose's record. That's insane.
Not gonna happen.

It's too bad Ichiro didn't start his career in MLB.

Bhk5150

May 3, 2013
No one will ever catch Roses 4,256. The game has changed too much. You have to really love the game and want to play that long and have the talent in the first place. Most are in it for the money (understandably).

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Rose turns 78 in April. There's no way he'll live to see it.

Altuve is the only current player with a shot, with four 200-hit seasons and 1,400 hits in eight years, and he's still almost 3,000 hits away from Rose's record. That's insane.
Not gonna happen.

It's too bad Ichiro didn't start his career in MLB.

Yeah he was so fast as a young guy in Japan. 20 year old Ichiro almost ran like a deer, where there is a calf "bounce" that propels him forward. I wonder how much quicker he was at the start of his Japan career than over here as a 27y/o rookie.

Anyone who wants to break such a record is going to have to suck for a while. iirc Petes last 6 (six!) years of baseball netted a negative WAR. There is no I in team, but there's 2 in hit king! :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah, nobody disabled was offended ... except maybe for one neurotic SJW that breached the company somehow. (my guess)
The terms keep changing, pretty soon it will be the "owie list"

Imagine if this named change happened before Danny Farquhar had his aneurysm. "The bad news is he is hooked up to life support, the good news... well... he's not disabled, just injured . . . rub some dirt on it. ::facepalm::

To be honest, its getting hard to relate to anything MLB related.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
In funnier news, I heard on the radio a guy stole $1500 of scratch/lotto tickets from his work. . . . . (wait for it) . . . . . . . . . . and didn't win a single dollar. Not one. LOL :lol:

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
I tell my wife, if people don't get out of her way when she's out and about. Just run them over. Then they will know how it feels.

Members online