Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew - Feb 2019! It’s as cold as Pete Rose’s Hall of Fame chances!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Ive had decent luck over the years, but these last two years, when I wanted to open my favorite products, I had to pay through the nose to get wax and didn't get anything of note from them. I feel its just better to stick to the cards rather than wax.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I am almost exclusively buying singles now, I really haven't busted wax since the 90s. I'll buy into breaks for certain releases but that's limited. I bought a box of 2018 Topps base but that was just to build the set of the year my daughter was born. I get much more satisfaction knowing my money is going to specifically what I want.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ive had decent luck over the years, but these last two years, when I wanted to open my favorite products, I had to pay through the nose to get wax and didn't get anything of note from them. I feel its just better to stick to the cards rather than wax.

I recall reading a few years back (5-7) from Topps (via Beckett) bragging they had "the last Joe Jackson bat jersey" or "one of the final Kiner bat knobs" put into the set. (not sure if those exact players) I thought to myself that if what they were saying was true that everyone was going to have sht luck in 5 years considering the A+ tier of chase cards would no longer be created.

I am almost exclusively buying singles now, I really haven't busted wax since the 90s. I'll buy into breaks for certain releases but that's limited. I bought a box of 2018 Topps base but that was just to build the set of the year my daughter was born. I get much more satisfaction knowing my money is going to specifically what I want.

I would be willing to take a bit of a loss on that Mo Vaughn card now, are you still interested or did you end up buying the other guys copy??

In other news Nick Vincent was signed today. . . to a minor league contract in SF (will make team for sure). :rolleyes: Absolutely insane he could not get a good deal, he has always had solid K rate and a career ERA in the low 3s without ever having a season higher than high 3s. He was the first to blame Harper/Machado and not owners. I get his line of thinking, 2 bozos set ridiculously high marks for themselves so every team chasing them has to keep 30-60 mil capspace until they get signed. . . . but then they weren't signed at start of ST. It really screwed over guys like Vincent.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
About time you cleaned your room. :lol:

Got that right!! It's only been about 20 years. Ha!
Mainly wanted to continue my Frank Thomas collection. Also found a 1993 Finest set that I started from a box I bought in '94 or '95...you know, when they could be had for around $250-$300.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I would be willing to take a bit of a loss on that Mo Vaughn card now, are you still interested or did you end up buying the other guys copy??

I'm good for now, trying to he disciplined with my spending so I've mostly put Mo and Biggio on the back burner.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm good for now, trying to he disciplined with my spending so I've mostly put Mo and Biggio on the back burner.

Ok, it will probably be around in the future anyways.

I was looking up Mo Vaughns career numbers recently and I didn't remember how good he was. Career avg in the 290s surprised me, I thought he was more all or nothing slugger. If he hadn't had to cut his career short he would possibly be HOF now that Edgar is in.

Members online