Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is shipping $3.66 or $4.06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Zones, I would imagine. Post office went to charging based on zones. If you're in Nevada, shipping to Colorado will be less expensive than the same parcel going to Georgia.

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
there are 9 zones in the continental us....zone 1 , nearest to the location you're mailing from will remain the same.....zone 2 is either the same or a 2-cent bump....i sent one from south carolina to west virginia last week and my cost went from 2.66 to 2.68 (printing postage from home instead going to the post office of course) but im not sure if that was zone 2 or 3....as a test , i set up a label from south carolina to san diego which was zone 8....that one cost 3.09 , or .43 more than before...

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Living in Hawaii, this new zone mailing system sucks. Priority mail prices also went up a lot. I understand the reasons though, but it's ridiculous how much it costs to mail a bubble mailer now.

linuxabuser

Jan 16, 2011
It’s so much. I received a bubble mailer the other day that had postage of $4.06. It was a single card in a screw down.

This makes buying single cards under $10 not worth it anymore.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah that sucks that’s a huge bump guess now there will have to be multiple cards in a deal. Starting to make it where trading will never happen on small items. I wonder if people protested and stopped mailing for a week if they might change their prices back. The fact when you ship on eBay you are paying 10% on postage puts it over $4.50. Just to make a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I hope this will start getting more sellers selling PWE. I don’t usually spend over a few bucks for a card and I’m passing on a lot right now with shipping costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I hope this will start getting more sellers selling PWE. I don’t usually spend over a few bucks for a card and I’m passing on a lot right now with shipping costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it and you can’t fault them because who is to say someone doesn’t lie and say they never received something without DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Yep. First Class is now zone-based.

First Class parcels are zone based now. First Class Letters and First Class Large Envelopes are still the same new rate no matter where in the U.S. you send it.

and, BTW, hint - use ebay paypal shipping to create your bubble mailer labels, even if it wasn't an item sold on ebay. You save a ****load compared to USPS counter (so you can add to your bottom line) and free tracking included. You should not be spending more than $3.09 for 4 or less ounces for a bubble mailer zone 8-9 with tracking.
It's a buck more for that same weight/zone without tracking for a bubble if you waste your time going to a postal counter.