Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Let's get some TRADING going.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Franklin

Nov 30, 2008
Philly, PA
Hello!
I joined this board in 2008. For one reason or another, I stopped calling same year (Now, I think I may know why).
If new, potential members log in to check out the board and they don't see any trades being made or 2 or 3 posts being made per day, they won't call back. Eventually, the guys who own the board will get tired
of wasting their money and shut the board down just like several other boards have done over the years.

I have a Facebook group with about a dozen guys who were former members of a trading board that shut down in 2018. The owner of the board didn't give us any notice, she just closed it. Facebook was a feeble attempt to keep the trades coming.
Unfortunately, we lost most of our contacts and were not able to let the members know that we were starting a Facebook group. Anyway, the group idea is working but not the way a trading board works. We need
a board.

So, Chris has invited our group members to join Freedom Cardboard. I relayed the link and information to our members and some of them will be checking in soon to see if this would be a good place to resume their trading (Three or four of us have already logged in). Like I said earlier,
if they log in and see that nothing is going on, they won't hang around very long. I'm speaking from experience because this is exactly what happened to Peggy's board as well as Sports Card Arena - both shut down due to lack of use.

Here's your chance to gain a dozen or so new members and put a little action into this board. Start some conversations, leave a short story about how you collect Phillies when you live in Wisconsin or Red Sox when you live in California.
Start showing us what you collect and what you have to trade. Let the other members know what team or players you collect. Post some lists of what you need or what you have to trade. I posted a few things that I'm trading, I have thousands of cards so there's probably a good chance that I can find something that you need.
Let's put some life back into this board!
Bob
:razz:

Last edited:

Bob Franklin

Nov 30, 2008
Philly, PA
UPDATE:

Well, after just one day of posting, we've had 34 views. I guess we're making progress?
Unfortunately, of those 34 viewers, not one reply or response. That's not very promising.
If you want to keep this board running, everybody is going to have to chip in.
See ya!
Bob

raddison1972

Jan 4, 2013
Pearland, Texas
Howdy,
I collect White Sox and Astros cards. Live in the Houston area but grew up in Chicagoland. I typically buy a few boxes a year mostly Topps and Topps Heritage stuff and Ginter. I'd be willing to trade any of the other teams to people that want to send Astros and White Sox cards my direction. Opinions matter a lot in trading, so I'll share mine, star for star, common for common, super star for super star, auto for auto, relic for relic...if it's different than that sure as long as both parties are happy.

With that said, if anybody want to do team trades let me know. I'll send you a package of cards, you send back something that matches. What do you say? This would be all recent stuff, late 90's to 2019. If you want to deal older stuff I can do that too, but figured I'd start somewhere.

Thanks Bob for the inspiration. I used to love trading cards back in the day (80's for me). "Hey, is Joe Nolan related to Nolan Ryan?...Yes, of course, I'll swap you this Joe Nolan for your Harold Baines!" That was a fond memory I had. He didn't make the deal though!

Disclaimer, I have no idea how the trade system works on this site, might need a training class or some mod to point me to something I can read up on.

Thanks,
Ryan

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I have about ONE MILLION cards - most are 1987 / 2015 , ALL by team with 90% in alpha order so you want multi of a card try me . Main issue these are in 3200 count boxes stacked 20 high of random teams . Baseball on wall / basketball / football another . I sell stars / team packs at local minor league team stadium , i can get some IP if i'm in town early to go to game . You want 100 different players same team or 2000 different cards of a team . I mainly collect Texas Rangers that played here . Also newer Braves . I dispose of cards of center real bad and if traded to / name of team, different than jersey - no checklist . As far G/U or autos i trade most with another group i'm in .

My collection is similar to tramers. Bout a million cards but in numerical order. I’m all about completing sets and helping others to complete theirs. I’m not opposed to trading players or whatever.
My collection ranges from mid 90’s to 2001 then 2008-current. I do have a bunch of vintage as well. I collect baseball and football.
Emmitt Smith is my main PC and Trout in baseball but I collect other players. If I pull from packs of HOF and current stars they go in albums etc. there are times it’ll take me a bit to go through boxes to get stuff out to other collectors. I’m a single father who works a lot of hours. But I do get back to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I mainly collect Kirby Puckett but I also dabble in set collecting and I recently decided to put together a Twins Topps team set run. My main focus for trading would be adding to my Twins set run. Right now I have 1980 through 90 complete and and working on some vintage from the 60s and 70s. My main needs are 97 thru current since I don't break many packs .

Bob Franklin

Nov 30, 2008
Philly, PA
If anybody has a smaller want list that's not so long it would take three posts to upload, send it in! More guys can view it if you upload it so you might get more hits. That leads to more trades!

Unfortunately, I collect Phillies and Braves and my want list for each is 78 and 89 pages long. But if you have either of these teams to trade, I can look up the cards on my databases to see if I need them. I would need the name and card number. I do ask that any cards you have to offer say the team name as Phillies or Braves (or minor league affiliates) on the card.
eg. I don't need any Uptons or McCanns if the card doesn't say Braves.

Last edited:

Bob Franklin

Nov 30, 2008
Philly, PA
This is what I was talking about !!!!!

It's starting to get a little interesting.

More activity. Let's hear from more guys.
Thanks!
Bob

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I have about ONE MILLION cards - most are 1987 / 2015 , ALL by team with 90% in alpha order so you want multi of a card try me . Main issue these are in 3200 count boxes stacked 20 high of random teams . Baseball on wall / basketball / football another . I sell stars / team packs at local minor league team stadium , i can get some IP if i'm in town early to go to game . You want 100 different players same team or 2000 different cards of a team . I mainly collect Texas Rangers that played here . Also newer Braves . I dispose of cards of center real bad and if traded to / name of team, different than jersey - no checklist . As far G/U or autos i trade most with another group i'm in .

any chance you have any 1998 Topps TEK cards?

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Obsessive compulsive set builder here from Houston. About all I am doing these days is doing some condition upgrades (20-25 to go) for my completed 8100 card 1998 Topps TEK set, some 2000 Fleer Focus Masterpiece anias for several more 250 card sets I am building with each card numbered to 300 and in recent years I got obsessed with 2012 Bowman Gold #d to 50 (78 of 100 so far) and Red # to 25 refractors (51 of 100 so far) 100 card sets (Loved the inks Bowman used that year) One day I may go back and finish my 1962, 66 and 69 Topps Sets, Also need a White Border 582 Ripken to complete my 2006 Topps Turkey Red White Border set and also a 2006 Topp Chrome Black border refractor set needing a 50(Barry Bonds), 221(Ken Griffey, Jr), 260(Ichiro Suzuki Gold Glove) to complete the 1-330 Black Border set with each card numbered to 549 Plus Topps Chrome 2006 Black Border Autographs (AU) want list (#d to 200) 334(Adam Wainwright), 340(Ian Kinsler)…

Each year lately I usually pick two or three sets and work on those, Not into the Inserts, SPs, autograph or numbered cards anymore. Getting close to being mid 60 so winding it down collecting wise as way too many cards around here in binders and boxes.

Members online