Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A baseball collectors comic book inheritance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Howdy All!

Okay, I cheated a bit with the title so I could feel "fine" posting this in the Baseball channel:

Hello Everyone!

I'm a fellow baseball card collector and grew up collecting, trading and selling with my Dad as a kid. He had loved comic books when he grew up, and always said I would get his collection whenever time or health decided when. Fast forward to the last couple of years, my Dad's health and dementia got to a point where he can no longer function even with 24/7 in home support.

Less of that, and more about the comics. I was given his box of comics to keep and such. I've been slowly going through them (it's a army chest of my grandfathers that my Dad kept these stored in) and have narrowed down the better ones that I felt were grade worthy for price and protection purposes. I've decided to move ahead with CGC for a few of them, but thought I would post what I have to show all the same.

I'm knowledgeable enough to scour the internet and current market pricing, but not so knowledgeable of what to expect with the grading returns. I'm still deciding exactly which ones to submit, but I know I will at least submit the Spiderman 13 and 300 ones, and more than likely the Tales of Suspense #48 with Ironman's new red/gold suit.

I like the Todd McFarlane autographs as well. I have a VERY fond memory of going to the comic book shop with my Dad and getting the two variants signed. I remember my Dad talking about how special it was, and how neat it might be to see how popular Todd's artwork would be. Also, they have a neat red spiderweb stamp for authentication purposes as at the time Todd was a co-owner of the comic shop we used to frequent.

Any who, enough of the reading and onto the comics:

The Amazing Spiderman #13:
58xoeQnl.jpg
czyD6F9l.jpg

The Amazing Spiderman #300:
DXrhFivl.jpg
c3QQXX4l.jpg

Best looking copies of Tales of Suspense including #43, #46, #47, #48, and #51:
sAK8LGvl.jpg

Wolverine Limited #1:
3U7aiGql.jpg
ozAQtNQl.jpg

Spiderman Torment with Todd McFarlane autographs:
73fXRoLl.jpg
Kn4RcX9l.jpg

CGdage4l.jpg
2OIGUFvl.jpg

Spiderman Torment sealed Keepsake Collection with Todd McFarlane autograph 4468/5000:
wR6B0Jrl.jpg
n1gWYydl.jpg

sM4CbBvl.jpg

Thanks for reading and letting me share. I'm eager to hear any thoughts/opinions and such from any of you comic book gurus and I'm excited to see how the #13 and #300 issues come back. I'm hoping for a 9.4+ on the #300 and would be great to get a 4.5+ on the #13. Still haven't decided on the Tales of Suspense, but I'll more than likely submit the #48 one.

Much Appreciated!

Alex

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Long time no see, glad you are still around! I know nothing about grading comics but SpiderMan was a fave of mine as a kid, very cool to see, especially with the McFarlane autos.

Sorry to hear about your dad, but it sounds like you have a lot of great memories to cherish

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
MEGAFORCE!!!

Man, I loved that flick when I was a kid. I bet it hasn't aged well at all.

Sorry, I know next to nothing about comics. Just had to shout out to Megaforce.

Last edited: