Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do I need to get a proper scan for my ebay listings?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Well I don’t know if they are hurting but they definitely aren’t helping. Those shadows are mighty blah. Try leaning the cards up vertically against something maybe so you’re not looking down on them when taking a pic. (I always try to take pics during the day with natural light so I’m not doing all sorts of messing around with shadows and flash)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Plus I see that almost $9 US dollars shipping and wouldn’t bother clicking to be honest

Edit: and almost $18 for the two Scherzers to ship?

I think that’s where your problem lies

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Dont I gotta get it to them?

Yeah but it would be all sent at once, then they would do the scanning plus all purchases could be from their place so all USA buyers wouldn't have the individual shipping price.

edit: I see they have a shipping spot in BC. that means its going to be waaay better than Ebay for you.

RagingAcid

Feb 26, 2017
Markham, ON
Yeah but it would be all sent at once, then they would do the scanning plus all purchases could be from their place so all USA buyers wouldn't have the individual shipping price.

edit: I see they have a shipping spot in BC. that means its going to be waaay better than Ebay for you.

This is still the cheapest shipping option I can select, only other option is an envelope

caster513

Jul 16, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Wouldn't hurt to add more to the titles, but that shipping is a killer.

Instead of: Freddie Freeman Vintage Stock #28/99

Try: 2019 Topps Series 1 Freddie Freeman Vintage Stock #28/99 Braves

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I would suggest finding a trusted member here, shipping them all the cards you want to sell and having them sell for u. Obviously give them a cut for the effort but low end stuff like that is what PWE shipping is for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Instead of using a scanner, get the Office Lens app (free) for your phone. You will get much better results than just taking pictures of your cards.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
I would suggest finding a trusted member here, shipping them all the cards you want to sell and having them sell for u. Obviously give them a cut for the effort but low end stuff like that is what PWE shipping is for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWE (Plain White Envelope) shipping is NOT ALLOWED with a card in any type of toploader according to the Post Office BIG BOOK rules. PWE are for regular paper items ONLY that are easily bendable. Their automated machines at large hubs have fairly sharp curves that envelopes fly through at high speeds, where cards in toploaders in PWEs get jammed more often than you'd think.

Sometimes the jam crumples the envelope (if a few envelopes follow right behind the jam) and all smash into the stuck envelope with a toploader!
This greatly increases the chance of the card getting damaged, and some postal employees will just throw the envelope that caused the jam in the garbage (if they know they can get away with it) as the jam shuts the whole machine down an a Postal employee has to manually fix the jam. When they feel a hard. to bend piece of plastic in the envelope it upsets these employees greatly.

A couple of years ago I had an dumb eBay seller (6,000+ feedbacks, 99.9% positive) send a card that cost $50.00 in a SMALL PWE with an eBay printed shipping label and two pieces of cardboard in the PWE too. This is partly the Post Office's fault as the are supposed to RETURN TO SENDER in a case like this. The envelope was almost an inch thick! I received it with the envelope all crumpled up, card slid out of the toploader (no masking tape on top- best to use a small piece which is easily removable) and card was damaged.

The proper option here is to use a white cardboard CD holder shipper.