Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Manny Machado Signs With.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
This deal is good for the MLBPA, for everyone else it's a joke, Padres won't win anything more than a wild card spot with Machado on their roster. They won't win a division or a world series. You can talk about their prospects all you want, and they do look good, but prospects by an overwhelming majority do not work out. Whatever the specifics are, buyouts, optouts, no trade etc...a 10 year deal is a bad idea. It's a horrible idea when you give it to an ****** that could ruin a clubhouse.
The only thing I like about this deal is that I think it is nice to see someone get paid for what a team thinks the player will do rather than just reward them for what they've already accomplished.
I'm glad he signed in San Diego, after the initial press rush there is no way the east coast bias will allow me.to hear much about him unless I seek it out.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
If he stays the whole ten years, he will pay the wonderful state of California 39M in state taxes.

Probably less, unless you are already accounting for the fact he won't be playing every game in California.

I bet by the ASG he is complaining about playing for a loser and wants to be traded at the trade deadline.

He should have learned from many before him that money can't buy winning. Probably better off going to a contender for less money if you want a chance at the postseason and even a ring.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Probably less, unless you are already accounting for the fact he won't be playing every game in California.

I bet by the ASG he is complaining about playing for a loser and wants to be traded at the trade deadline.

He should have learned from many before him that money can't buy winning. Probably better off going to a contender for less money if you want a chance at the postseason and even a ring.

I'll take that bet. What do you want to put up?

And why not the Padres in the West? Dodgers have been trying to buy a championship and have nothing to show for it, their window is closing fast. With all of the young talent and the financial flexibility of the Padres, the other teams in the West better take notice.