Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Lumberjack Bingo: Spring Training (Complete)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], [MENTION=18372]RagingAcid[/MENTION], [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], @game****fanatic, [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION], [MENTION=3354]SportsWriterMAB[/MENTION], [MENTION=5808]nerdherd020[/MENTION], [MENTION=10181]CFD1415[/MENTION], [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5090]oiccup41[/MENTION], [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION]

The game starts Feb 21st. Full details below.

Your saplings (game cards) are at the bottom of this post.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Good luck and get chopping!

------------------------------

After a 3 year hiatus, Lumberjack Bingo is back!

If interested, please signup here:

2019 Lumberjack Bingo Signup Thread

This contest will run the entire 2019 season (at least that's the intent), and is split into two distinct games:

1. Sapling (Spring Training): Feb 21 - March 27
2. Tree (Regular Season): March 28 - Sept 29

This thread focuses on spring training only, and serves as an introduction/warmup to the regular season game.

A separate thread will be created for the regular season. That version will be full fledged and includes more challenges, more branches, and more prizes.

OVERVIEW

Harvest your sapling by completing various objectives based on MLB spring training games.

The first lumberjack (player) to harvest their sapling (complete all objectives) before the end of spring training wins an exciting prize pack.

If no one does this, a random tiebreaker will be introduced.

HOW TO PLAY

Each sapling is 100% randomly generated, and is comprised of 6 branches (levels) and a trunk (final challenge).

Each branch features a number of boxscore scenarios. Simply find an exact match for each scenario to clear the branch.

You must start with branch 1, and may only clear one branch at a time before moving down to the next branch.

Once a branch has been cleared, you may begin working on the next branch on the same day, but may not use an earlier date to clear it.

Unless otherwise specified, each scenario within a branch stands on its own and must be completed in a single game.

However, some branches require all scenarios to be completed in the same day. Those branches are clearly marked.

CHAINSAWS

If you have trouble clearing a branch, you can ditch your axe in favor of a chainsaw for immediate completion.

The chainsaw may not be used on the trunk.

Each branch has 3 scenarios that will allow you to use your chainsaw.

These scenarios are located in the lower left corner of your game card. A chainsaw may be used for a given branch if:

1. The first team shown hits 3 or more home runs in a single game or
2. The second team shown strikes out 12 or more opponents in a single game or
3. The specific date shown in the far right column is met

If any one of those three scenarios have been met, you have automatically cleared that branch and may start working on the next branch the same day.

The first two chainsaw options can be a powerful advantage over your opponent because it can provide several additional days they may not have to complete the next branch.

The third chainsaw option (date) only provides last minute relief from an extra stubborn branch, but still gives you a chance to win the game if others get hung up on the trunk.

COMPLETING A BRANCH

If you complete a branch, please post your achievement in this thread, along with the date each scenario was completed or the method/date a chainsaw was used.

It's important (but not essential) to post your achievements; not only for others to verify if they wish, but also to help me confirm a winner.

Otherwise, I'll post a reminder whenever possible when a branch's chainsaw date has been met so everyone can move on to the next branch.

HARVESTING YOUR TREE

Clearing the trunk is the final stage of the game before harvesting your tree.

Once you complete the objective shown in the trunk, congratulations! Your tree has been harvested. Please send me a PM with the date you completed the trunk.

The first to do so wins the Timber Bounty. See below.

TIMBER BOUNTY

The timber bounty will be a "wood grained" 1962 Topps PSA Graded HOF card. I will PM the winning lumberjack to arrange details.

TOOLS OF THE TRADE

MLB.com must be used to harvest your sapling (traditional method or chainsaw).

SAPLINGS

1. clarkzac
2. RagingAcid
3. caster513
4. metallicalex777
5. MrMet
6. game****fanatic
7. aarne13
8. SportsWriterMAB
9. nerdherd020
10. CFD1415
11. michaelstepper
12. oiccup41
13. chippernate
14. Letch77
15. Gwynn545

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
YES!!!! For anyone who hasn't seen or remember this in the past, it is an AMAZING enhancement that adds a lot of fun tracking the specific scenarios to scratch off of the card.

Thanks again for setting this up Chris, tracking these outcomes really does make a difference of added fun and such through the full season.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
YES!!!! For anyone who hasn't seen or remember this in the past, it is an AMAZING enhancement that adds a lot of fun tracking the specific scenarios to scratch off of the card.

Thanks again for setting this up Chris, tracking these outcomes really does make a difference of added fun and such through the full season.

Seconded

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Already printed off my sapling at work. There goes some of my productivity during the day trying to follow along with this :lol:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
And I just had a thought pop in my head. With ST, there are some split squad games. So on branch 2, I have Minnesota pitching 0-2 walks. Would it have to be combined from both SS games 0-2 walks, or if one game they have 0-2 walks do I get to mark it off?

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
And I just had a thought pop in my head. With ST, there are some split squad games. So on branch 2, I have Minnesota pitching 0-2 walks. Would it have to be combined from both SS games 0-2 walks, or if one game they have 0-2 walks do I get to mark it off?

If I remember for years past, the scenarios are fixed to a single game but I'm sure Chris will confirm just that :)

Hope you are well Zach!!!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
If I remember for years past, the scenarios are fixed to a single game but I'm sure Chris will confirm just that :)

Just sleep deprived nowadays haha. Hope everything is going well for you up in the PNW!

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'll play. Looks a little confusing at first, but I'm sure I'll pick it up quickly during ST.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

Correct! All games stand on their own.

So, while you cannot combine those two Minnesota SS games (or any other SS for that matter), you do have two separate chances to complete the scenario. Good question!

[MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION]
Your sapling has sprouted! Please see the OP. Thanks for the interest.

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Do the college team/player stats count if a MLB team is playing a college team?

Good question.

You can use college player initials for Branch 1 only.

All other branches/scenarios are specific to MLB teams or players, but you can refer to any ST game toward completion.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Can I use the branch 2 chainsaw on the same date? Minnesota also hit 3 HRs in their game on 2/24.