Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quick (Probably Dumb) Question on Topps Gold cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I assume Topps does not make gold cards (#/2017, /2018, etc) for their recent year variations or short prints. Is this a correct assumption? The gold cards would only be associated with the base Topps cards and none of the other SPs, photo variations, sparkles, etc?

Thanks!

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I would say gold is limited to the base set subjects (at least that's what a lot of website checklists say).

I am thinking back to 2011 or whatever and I think I pulled a retired SP version that was a parallel (not gold in this case, but I'm thinking cognac or the diamond anniversary parallel) so there may be some SP base cards in some years that can be found in parallel versions.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
Thanks. Yeah, I agree with you...I think I have a Tom Seaver from either 2011 or 2012 in that all sparkle design. Which, is a super cool looking card. Just looking for the complete checklist for gold cards...

Thanks!

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
The other thing-- If an SP or SSP is super hard to find, having a gold variation #/2018 all of a sudden makes it not so scarce.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The other thing-- If an SP or SSP is super hard to find, having a gold variation #/2018 all of a sudden makes it not so scarce.

SPs are an scarce as topps wants us to believe. A BO member did the math based on odds and figures around 30K, hardly “short” printed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online