Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

There are 6.3 MILLION Baseball Card Collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This picture was posted by tier1dc and it shocked me! It was taken from the Topps Industry Summit. this blows my mind if it is true!

D0WGznAWwAA3kWt.jpg

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I suppose it depends on how you define collector but if they simply polled a sample and asked do you own any baseball cards or something very simple like that then extrapolated it out I think it's believable.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
96 million baseball fans out of the 325 million people in the United States. 6.3 million collectors out of all that. Again I think it really all depends on how you define "collector" but I think that seems possible/reasonable.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I think back to the time when I first discovered baseball cards (cards in general). If it were not for the small grocery store type retailer, I may not even be collecting today. You hardly ever seem to see card sold that way now, but they were at every store when I was a kid. The exposure it seems is much more limited (or narrowly focused) than it ever way, forcing you online or to a specialty store (hobby shop or big box retailer) to even find them.

I am guessing that you may still find a rare stray box at an old gas station or small grocery store, but where else would you see them besides a Target/Walmart type place. They do have major traffic between them, but maybe that is not enough or cards just are not appealing anymore to the average kids.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
96 million baseball fans out of the 325 million people in the United States. 6.3 million collectors out of all that. Again I think it really all depends on how you define "collector" but I think that seems possible/reasonable.

325 million people, I thought that many lived in New York City.

Members online