Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Night Crew March Zadness

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here was Ichiro's final AB.

https://www.mlb.com/video/ichiro-gro...ab-c2523819983

While its nice to see HOFers get hits in their final AB this was a good example of why it was time for him to retire. Back in the day Ichiro was the king of getting hits off of weak choppers to SS.... that roller vs crappy fielder Semien would have been a hit just a few years back.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Good day sir. And how is life treating you?

Yah baseball is officially here. I have been enjoying the Ichiro tributes and fun stories about his legendary self. Incidentally, I have also been steadily picking up new PC additions here and there, which is always a theraputic way for me to spend my idle time. One of the best - although not valuable - is the parallel of the 2002 Fleer Platinum card, numbered to 22. Ahhhh. Love filling little gaps in the PC like that!
    I am doing better, yesterday I got some fillings by a competent dentist so I'm happy that it went well and its over with.

02 Fleer rings a bell but I can't remember what the parallels look like, I will have to search. Maybe bought 1 or 2 packs of that when it come out. Congrats.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I despise the overseas "opening day" I am happy that ichiro got to experience that for his last two games. That is the kind of stuff that makes sports special.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Even though I despise the overseas "opening day" I am happy that ichiro got to experience that for his last two games. That is the kind of stuff that makes sports special.
    I wonder if MLB was happy with it, because if they do it again next year M's will probably be the team in it and that opens the door for.....

...another Ichiro sendoff!

While not a MLB caliber starter anymore he can still play 4-8 innings without it being a big deal for a team not making the playoffs.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it was bad to play in Japan, but Sox/Yanks in London is even worse. At least Japan cares about the sport, and at least the M's/A's kinda suck (although some are expecting Oakland to repeat WC)

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    I agree it was bad to play in Japan, but Sox/Yanks in London is even worse. At least Japan cares about the sport, and at least the M's/A's kinda suck (although some are expecting Oakland to repeat WC)
    See that's the thing, while i wouldn't piss away opening day in London having a big rivalry in a country that could potentially be a new market is smart, to your point whether opening day or not or no regular season games, Japan enjoys the sport and follows it already.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will see how the trip affects both teams, they didn't even have the decency of putting it next to the Allstar break. That's going to be an awkward stretch.

Do you think baseball with catch on in the UK? It seems to me to be one of the worst countries to try to promote MLB.
    Last edited by JVHaste; 03-22-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just realized the Mariners won in ST today against the Reds, meaning they won a regular season and ST game in the same day.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, who the hell does remember 2002 Fleer Platinum anyway? It was just one of the 1.6 trillion issues that Fleer was flooding the market with. In 2002, Fleer released 16 different sets containing Alomar, so the total number is even more. But. But. Getting an early 2000's parallel numbered to 22? Major boner. Almost as big as the boner from dropping a 461 on tonight's scrabble opponent, who was even talking sh!t to me along the way. Sit down son, just sit down.

Glad your trip to the pain factory is over. Hopefully it will be a long time until the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    I am doing better, yesterday I got some fillings by a competent dentist so I'm happy that it went well and its over with.

02 Fleer rings a bell but I can't remember what the parallels look like, I will have to search. Maybe bought 1 or 2 packs of that when it come out. Congrats.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar. Over 4000 unique cards, but always looking for those I'm missing!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by banjar View Post
    Well, who the hell does remember 2002 Fleer Platinum anyway? It was just one of the 1.6 trillion issues that Fleer was flooding the market with. In 2002, Fleer released 16 different sets containing Alomar, so the total number is even more. But. But. Getting an early 2000's parallel numbered to 22? Major boner. Almost as big as the boner from dropping a 461 on tonight's scrabble opponent, who was even talking sh!t to me along the way. Sit down son, just sit down.

Glad your trip to the pain factory is over. Hopefully it will be a long time until the next one!
    Thanks, I should be good for a long while now as what happened was I got popped in the mouth a ways back and the gum swelling blocked access to a small part of the tooth without me realizing it. The other one was based on the last dentist doing sht work that needed fixing, I didn't even anticipate that one until I met the new doc. I was supposed to get this fixed a while ago but the massive snow issue pushed my dental date out a fcking month! I brush my teeth 4 times a day so I think I should be fine for ages.

Congrats on dropping major boners left, right, and center. You would kick my ass at Scrabble for sure, I'm a bit too antisocial to remember enough words to win at a game based around knowing non-slang English. As for getting an actual boner during a board game, I guess Mouse Trap would be the best bet since you could put it in that trough piece.

My best board game move in the last month was getting eliminated from the correspondence chess tournament. I'm so glad that pos is over... and well timed with baseball season here!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ola.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats new?

I hear Chris Sale gets a new contract, which means he will be upgrading his belly button ring collection.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sale...in name only. The Sox had to do it, I'm not upset but it's too much money. He's already a lock for a stint on the disabled (I'm not changing the lingo) list the last year of that contract is going to sting. I don't see a Verlander-like finish to his career, he's so thin. However I am hopeful that if they toss this kind of money to him maybe there's hope they have "mookie money"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is disabled. My father in-law was talking about my wife, with her in front of him. The a-hole calls her a cripple. She has no issues being called disabled.
    I'm Dave ! Dave's not here man.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finestkind View Post
    My wife is disabled. My father in-law was talking about my wife, with her in front of him. The a-hole calls her a cripple. She has no issues being called disabled.
    He sounds like an Eagles fan or something...

Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    Sale...in name only. The Sox had to do it, I'm not upset but it's too much money. He's already a lock for a stint on the disabled (I'm not changing the lingo) list the last year of that contract is going to sting. I don't see a Verlander-like finish to his career, he's so thin. However I am hopeful that if they toss this kind of money to him maybe there's hope they have "mookie money"
    I wonder what team would land Mookie if Chris Bargain contract KO's the Sox. With Trout, Harper, Machado, Arenado all off the market he is going to command a ton.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast