Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew March Zadness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I agree it was bad to play in Japan, but Sox/Yanks in London is even worse. At least Japan cares about the sport, and at least the M's/A's kinda suck (although some are expecting Oakland to repeat WC)
See that's the thing, while i wouldn't piss away opening day in London having a big rivalry in a country that could potentially be a new market is smart, to your point whether opening day or not or no regular season games, Japan enjoys the sport and follows it already.

Sent from my XT1585 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
We will see how the trip affects both teams, they didn't even have the decency of putting it next to the Allstar break. That's going to be an awkward stretch. :-o

Do you think baseball with catch on in the UK? It seems to me to be one of the worst countries to try to promote MLB.

Last edited:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I just realized the Mariners won in ST today against the Reds, meaning they won a regular season and ST game in the same day. :razz:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Well, who the hell does remember 2002 Fleer Platinum anyway? It was just one of the 1.6 trillion issues that Fleer was flooding the market with. In 2002, Fleer released 16 different sets containing Alomar, so the total number is even more. But. But. Getting an early 2000's parallel numbered to 22? Major boner. Almost as big as the boner from dropping a 461 on tonight's scrabble opponent, who was even talking sh!t to me along the way. Sit down son, just sit down.

Glad your trip to the pain factory is over. Hopefully it will be a long time until the next one!

I am doing better, yesterday I got some fillings by a competent dentist so I'm happy that it went well and its over with.

02 Fleer rings a bell but I can't remember what the parallels look like, I will have to search. Maybe bought 1 or 2 packs of that when it come out. Congrats.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Well, who the hell does remember 2002 Fleer Platinum anyway? It was just one of the 1.6 trillion issues that Fleer was flooding the market with. In 2002, Fleer released 16 different sets containing Alomar, so the total number is even more. But. But. Getting an early 2000's parallel numbered to 22? Major boner. Almost as big as the boner from dropping a 461 on tonight's scrabble opponent, who was even talking sh!t to me along the way. Sit down son, just sit down.

Glad your trip to the pain factory is over. Hopefully it will be a long time until the next one!

Thanks, I should be good for a long while now as what happened was I got popped in the mouth a ways back and the gum swelling blocked access to a small part of the tooth without me realizing it. The other one was based on the last dentist doing sht work that needed fixing, I didn't even anticipate that one until I met the new doc. :confused: I was supposed to get this fixed a while ago but the massive snow issue pushed my dental date out a fcking month! I brush my teeth 4 times a day so I think I should be fine for ages.

Congrats on dropping major ****** left, right, and center. :cool: You would kick my ass at Scrabble for sure, I'm a bit too antisocial to remember enough words to win at a game based around knowing non-slang English. As for getting an actual boner during a board game, I guess Mouse Trap would be the best bet since you could put it in that trough piece. :?

My best board game move in the last month was getting eliminated from the correspondence chess tournament. I'm so glad that pos is over... and well timed with baseball season here! :grouphug:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Whats new?

I hear Chris Sale gets a new contract, which means he will be upgrading his belly button ring collection. :rolleyes:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Sale...in name only. The Sox had to do it, I'm not upset but it's too much money. He's already a lock for a stint on the disabled (I'm not changing the lingo) list the last year of that contract is going to sting. I don't see a Verlander-like finish to his career, he's so thin. However I am hopeful that if they toss this kind of money to him maybe there's hope they have "mookie money"

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
My wife is disabled. My father in-law was talking about my wife, with her in front of him. The a-hole calls her a cripple. She has no issues being called disabled.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
My wife is disabled. My father in-law was talking about my wife, with her in front of him. The a-hole calls her a cripple. She has no issues being called disabled.

He sounds like an Eagles fan or something... :-|

Sale...in name only. The Sox had to do it, I'm not upset but it's too much money. He's already a lock for a stint on the disabled (I'm not changing the lingo) list the last year of that contract is going to sting. I don't see a Verlander-like finish to his career, he's so thin. However I am hopeful that if they toss this kind of money to him maybe there's hope they have "mookie money"

I wonder what team would land Mookie if Chris Bargain contract KO's the Sox. With Trout, Harper, Machado, Arenado all off the market he is going to command a ton.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
This would seem to be the ideal time frame for the M's as Felix Hernandez terrible contract will be gone and they wont really owe much $$ to anyone else either. I wonder what signs they'd need to see from a rebuild to pay in 2020 or 2021.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Trying to think of notable milestones this year, the biggest might be Pujols passing Gehrig and Bonds in the RBI category.

What others?

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Milestones? Milestones? How about pulling this from a blaster of Opening Day! Lol

249970901c1c59a969551f7c84e61b1f.jpg

I'm done!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I've talked to several people who have pulled autos from Opening Day but the retail shiit is much tougher. And I was shocked at the high caliber of player in Acuna....I was just hoping for a base card of him or Soto.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I had my fantasy drafts on Sunday, two in person drafts back to back...took 11 hours. A ridiculously long day and mentally exhausting, but it was awesome. These leagues have ruined any kind of online only league for me. In person is by far and away so much better.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I'm not sure what I have better odds of achieving, pulling an Acuna auto or staying awake during an 11 hour draft. :shock:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
For me the excitement and anxiety of the draft always keeps me going.
Acuna auto is still a hot ticket. I have one Mookie auto and it's from his rc season opening day set.

Members online