Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew March Zadness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Hey gents. Including B-Lan :) I spent some time tonight catching up on the ol' night crew thread. Enjoyed it. Hope all youse guys are well. MLB starting tomorrow, god who knew. I sure didn't. Need to tune back in...

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hey gents. Including B-Lan :) I spent some time tonight catching up on the ol' night crew thread. Enjoyed it. Hope all youse guys are well. MLB starting tomorrow, god who knew. I sure didn't. Need to tune back in...

High-0! Glad you could catch up on these conversations I have with myself. ;)

Baseball already started! with a 9-7 M's win today at ..... 2:30am :confused: Marco threw 69 pitches, that looks like a spring training pitch count. MLB made a mess of this of this opening day and nobody likes it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I really dislike the opening series so far ahead of everything else. I like the idea of a series in a foreign country to "open more doors" if you will, but to have them come back and play more spring training games is super lame.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Baseball season is upon us, when the regular season really starts is when traffic usually picks up a bit, then we'll have at least 5-6 people who will watch jvhaste talk with himself

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Finally watched Into the Spiderverse...my kid was mesmerized, didn’t take his eyes off the screen the whole two hours, and that’s saying a lot for a 4 year old, and as a big Spider-Man fan growing up, I enjoyed it immensely myself

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I really dislike the opening series so far ahead of everything else. I like the idea of a series in a foreign country to "open more doors" if you will, but to have them come back and play more spring training games is super lame.

The DL(IL) rules with this are super lame as well. Mallex Smith wasn't ready to go for this series but if you put him on the 10day list it would actually freeze after the series is over and they go back to spring training.. . making him locked out of US opening day vs BOS, so they have him on the 25man roster for the Japan trip even though he isn't even in Japan. :rolleyes:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Where's D2R been at ?

I tagged him in a few posts about my new hot Poke-wife and there was no reply so he must be super busy. I wanted to do a double date and perhaps a wife swap with Chansey? :|

...but you guys are right, there will be more people here soon to lurk when the season starts. I don't even think MLB knows the season officially started in Japan considering their website is talking about Mike Trout wanting a baby trout and a bunch of ST sht until recently when they added a leaderboards.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Finally watched Into the Spiderverse...my kid was mesmerized, didn’t take his eyes off the screen the whole two hours, and that’s saying a lot for a 4 year old, and as a big Spider-Man fan growing up, I enjoyed it immensely myself

Have you shown him the 90s cartoons? I think those (Spidey/Xmen/Batman) are the closest to the storytelling of comics and are my personal favorites. I might see Spiderverse someday soon.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Good day sir. And how is life treating you?

Yah baseball is officially here. I have been enjoying the Ichiro tributes and fun stories about his legendary self. Incidentally, I have also been steadily picking up new PC additions here and there, which is always a theraputic way for me to spend my idle time. One of the best - although not valuable - is the parallel of the 2002 Fleer Platinum card, numbered to 22. Ahhhh. Love filling little gaps in the PC like that!

High-0! Glad you could catch up on these conversations I have with myself. ;)

Baseball already started! with a 9-7 M's win today at ..... 2:30am :confused: Marco threw 69 pitches, that looks like a spring training pitch count. MLB made a mess of this of this opening day and nobody likes it.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Good day sir. And how is life treating you?

Yah baseball is officially here. I have been enjoying the Ichiro tributes and fun stories about his legendary self. Incidentally, I have also been steadily picking up new PC additions here and there, which is always a theraputic way for me to spend my idle time. One of the best - although not valuable - is the parallel of the 2002 Fleer Platinum card, numbered to 22. Ahhhh. Love filling little gaps in the PC like that!

I am doing better, yesterday I got some fillings by a competent dentist so I'm happy that it went well and its over with.

02 Fleer rings a bell but I can't remember what the parallels look like, I will have to search. Maybe bought 1 or 2 packs of that when it come out. Congrats.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Even though I despise the overseas "opening day" I am happy that ichiro got to experience that for his last two games. That is the kind of stuff that makes sports special.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Even though I despise the overseas "opening day" I am happy that ichiro got to experience that for his last two games. That is the kind of stuff that makes sports special.

I wonder if MLB was happy with it, because if they do it again next year M's will probably be the team in it and that opens the door for.....

...another Ichiro sendoff! :p

While not a MLB caliber starter anymore he can still play 4-8 innings without it being a big deal for a team not making the playoffs.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I agree it was bad to play in Japan, but Sox/Yanks in London is even worse. At least Japan cares about the sport, and at least the M's/A's kinda suck (although some are expecting Oakland to repeat WC)

Members online