Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Large submitter Selling Altared cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
Sorry...we're not the kind of board to take unfounded shots at other boards. Please don't do it again.
BE

2) This is one reason why I never had any of my cards graded (unless the few I have that they graded for free). I busted BGS around 2007 for grading MANY pre-2000 Fleer Certified Autograph Insert cards bought in the Fleer bankruptcy auction missing the embossed Fleer autograph Authenticity Seal. This is something any regular grader should have memorized regarding which Fleer Autograph Inserts are supposed to have the embossed stamp! In this case it was 1993 Steve Young Highlights Certified Autographs. Inside the BGS graded case there is no way to see the stamp from pictures and based on BGS having a far better reputation than PSA (until they revamped their grading and added the from PSA hologram) collectors TRUSTED that BGS would only grade pre-2000 Fleer Certified Autos only if they had the embossed stamp (as nearly all did). BGS graded ten cards for free for me for catching this- and it involved like (15) 1993 Fleer Steve Young autographs with no embossed stamp graded in a row (going by serial numbers which are consecutive most of the time) for the SAME PERSON! --- BGS changed their grading standards around 2006 with much less strict grading. Generally serial numbers starting with 0005 are the older stricter grading. After that are the less strict (worth less) gradEd cards. THIS WAS A HUGE DUMB DECISION FOR BGS TO DO! I agreed that they needed to revamp their RANDOM SURFACE grades, and autograph grades getting "10" 99.9%of the times (often wrongly) but other than that they should have left everything as it was.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Sorry...we're not the kind of board to take unfounded shots at other boards. Please don't do it again.
BE
e40b6f7a9487b9eec6f6cb12816c281b.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
BE

Hey Barney,

Either read the entire thread to know what we're talking about or we're going to take your one bullet away!

The thread is about an apparent card trimmer and his "incognito" user ID. So get your facts straight or we're going to have to take your badge away too!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Um, what the hell are you talking about, and who the hell are you talking to?

BE

2) This is one reason why I never had any of my cards graded (unless the few I have that they graded for free). I busted BGS around 2007 for grading MANY pre-2000 Fleer Certified Autograph Insert cards bought in the Fleer bankruptcy auction missing the embossed Fleer autograph Authenticity Seal. This is something any regular grader should have memorized regarding which Fleer Autograph Inserts are supposed to have the embossed stamp! In this case it was 1993 Steve Young Highlights Certified Autographs. Inside the BGS graded case there is no way to see the stamp from pictures and based on BGS having a far better reputation than PSA (until they revamped their grading and added the from PSA hologram) collectors TRUSTED that BGS would only grade pre-2000 Fleer Certified Autos only if they had the embossed stamp (as nearly all did). BGS graded ten cards for free for me for catching this- and it involved like (15) 1993 Fleer Steve Young autographs with no embossed stamp graded in a row (going by serial numbers which are consecutive most of the time) for the SAME PERSON! --- BGS changed their grading standards around 2006 with much less strict grading. Generally serial numbers starting with 0005 are the older stricter grading. After that are the less strict (worth less) gradEd cards. THIS WAS A HUGE DUMB DECISION FOR BGS TO DO! I agreed that they needed to revamp their RANDOM SURFACE grades, and autograph grades getting "10" 99.9%of the times (often wrongly) but other than that they should have left everything as it was.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Hey Barney,

Either read the entire thread to know what we're talking about or we're going to take your one bullet away!

The thread is about an apparent card trimmer and his "incognito" user ID. So get your facts straight or we're going to have to take your badge away too!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I guess I caused some confusion...I edited his post because his first point was disparaging another board and I just don't like the broad brush he was painting with.

I have no idea where the BE came from.

lol

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I guess I caused some confusion...I edited his post because his first point was disparaging another board and I just don't like the broad brush he was painting with.

I have no idea where the BE came from.

lol

Well crap maybe this thread could have gotten even juicer!!! Did CNN convince you to edit that!?!!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
So did anyone else notice that the scumbag in question is none other than the guy with all the 1998 Selects? Same name on COMC as ebay, and clearly sharing Pinnacle bankruptcy stuff with the DallasCardBoys account (which that thread taught me is run by Dr. James Beckett).

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
LOL

Cardcop is an infamous part of the hobby...he enjoys over generalization and I just am not a fan at insults at other boards when we share members.

Well great. You just gave him the green light on a vast FCB plot to silence his voice FOR THE TRUE COLLECTORS of genuine autographs and not the SO CALLED autos but CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH INSERTS.

A good way to make the perfect OVER EASY egg is to fry it until you have a nice firm base and then FLIP THE EGG at that point and then immediately remove the pan from the SO CALLED HEAT SOURCE and let the warmth of the pan itself cook the top about one minute. THEN SERVE!

The higher ups at the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE will now be monitoring every transaction here FOR FRAUD and all this after he was Chris Gilmore’s RIGHT HAND MAN for all those years until phillyphan convinced the other SUPPOSED MODERATORS that he was involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Well great. You just gave him the green light on a vast FCB plot to silence his voice FOR THE TRUE COLLECTORS of genuine autographs and not the SO CALLED autos but CERTIFIED AUTOGRAPH INSERTS.

A good way to make the perfect OVER EASY egg is to fry it until you have a nice firm base and then FLIP THE EGG at that point and then immediately remove the pan from the SO CALLED HEAT SOURCE and let the warmth of the pan itself cook the top about one minute. THEN SERVE!

The higher ups at the UNITED STATES POST OFFICE will now be monitoring every transaction here FOR FRAUD and all this after he was Chris Gilmore’s RIGHT HAND MAN for all those years until phillyphan convinced the other SUPPOSED MODERATORS that he was involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

868768747c0d993a7b475e2b92103dfb.gif

Members online