Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Lumberjack Bingo: CLOSED

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I believe that all players have to have played in all games that day, meaning that Benintendi not entering the 2nd game messed it up for you. Again, I could be wrong, but that’s my interpretation of the “all games must count” criteria.
    hmmmm.....my interpretation was that everyone on an active roster must play (which happened) , but the "all games they play in must be counted (doubleheaders)" merely meant you had to count all their hits that day (ie , you couldnt have 10 total hits , but choose to drop one game of a dh to stay down at 9 hits).....

guess we'll see soon enough...
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    hmmmm.....my interpretation was that everyone on an active roster must play (which happened) , but the "all games they play in must be counted (doubleheaders)" merely meant you had to count all their hits that day (ie , you couldnt have 10 total hits , but choose to drop one game of a dh to stay down at 9 hits).....

guess we'll see soon enough...
    I think you win, but Chris will confirm overall. I read the rules like you do, your player has to play that day along with where you have to count each game the player played in (doubleheaders). Benintendi played that day AND all games Benintendi played in (1 of the 2) were counted assisting in all players getting a total of 9 points. Nice win as it sounds like it follows the rules correctly

Documented Rules:
    Look, up in the left corner! It's a bird, it's a plane...it's your bonus game. Cloud Nine plays independently from your tree. If all 9 of your players shown combine for exactly 9 hits in a single day, you may be a winner! The first to claim wins. *All players must be in action that day, and all games they play in must be counted (doubleheaders).

*The only exceptions for this are if a player is on the IL or is not on a MLB roster that day.
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by metallicalex777 View Post
    I’ll use the chainsaw for branch 6 today as the Twins hit 4 homeruns!
    Confirmed! You are on branch 7 as of June 9th.

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    ok , i THINK i got the last cloud 9 yesterday but there's a situation that makes me uncertain......

benintendi 1
    bogaerts 0
    votto 2
    jose ramirez 0
    eloy jimenez 1
    upton injured
    corey seager 4
    jorge polanco 1
    tatis 0

9 total hits....the one question though....red sox played a double header....bogaerts played both games , but benintendi only played one of the two....does that mean i CANT win since he sat out one or i DO win because he played in at least one ?

You do win the final Cloud Nine!

Benintendi was in action that day, and all games he did play in were counted (same with the other 7 plus Upton's IL status).

Looking back, I could have perhaps been a little clearer in my wording. Sorry, everyone!

Please send me a PM with your shipping information and I'll get your prize out to you this week.

Back to your regularly scheduled Lumberjack Bingo...

*Nice win indeed, as Tatis saved the day with a single PH appearance!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured I was wrong in how I read the Cloud Nine rules; I wasn’t paying attention to the “in action that DAY” part. Congrats, game****...nice win!!!

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
    Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

nmusicp1
     @nmusicp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looked ahead through the schedule, august 2nd is the closest opportunity i have to complete branch 10 haha
    Will sell/trade soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves cards
    https://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

Current white whale:
    2014-15 Artifacts Stick to Stick Duos Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net Cords and 18/19 Upper Deck Day with the cup inserts

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippernate View Post
    looked ahead through the schedule, august 2nd is the closest opportunity i have to complete branch 10 haha
    You’re not alone. My only shot all season comes on 7/30. Better gas up the chainsaw!! Lol

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], [MENTION=18372]RagingAcid[/MENTION], [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], @game****fanatic, [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION], [MENTION=3354]SportsWriterMAB[/MENTION], [MENTION=5808]nerdherd020[/MENTION], [MENTION=10181]CFD1415[/MENTION], [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION], [MENTION=5090]oiccup41[/MENTION], [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION], [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION], [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION], [MENTION=3662]WaxPax[/MENTION]

Branch 6 has been automatically cleared, so everyone can start working on Branch 7 as of June 14th, if you aren't there already.

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As it stands, no branch bounties have been awarded, so I'm sure it has been frustrating just waiting around for a chainsaw to advance, all the while not playing for anything if you aren't on the lead branch.

Therefore, I will be introducing a "reset" to the game starting after the All-Star break on July 12th to help provide more incentive to play while minimizing dead time.

*This reset will only be made if the trunk has not been cleared by July 12th.

Otherwise, on July 12th:

1. All 12 branches and the trunk will be in play at the same time. In other words, no more chainsaws as of July 12th!

2. You can play or replay any branch in any order. If you are the first to complete a given branch without the use of a chainsaw, you win that bounty.

3. Since all branches are in play to everyone, the following change will be made to branch 10 on July 12th:

Remove all "home" or "away" qualifiers from your 4 scenarios.

For example: if you have "Miami loses an away game by 3+ runs", you would now have "Miami loses any game by 3+ runs".

4. The first person to complete the trunk will end the entire game immediately.

Hopefully, this will liven up the game after the All-Star break. In the meantime, the regular rules apply.

This means that chainsaws are in effect until then, and you must progress through the branches the original way to get to the trunk.

Any questions, just ask!
    Last edited by cjedmonton; 06-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.

nmusicp1
     @nmusicp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So essentially a free for all after that date?
    Will sell/trade soul for Washington Capitals/Atlanta Braves cards
    https://s1376.photobucket.com/user/nmusicp/library/

Current white whale:
    2014-15 Artifacts Stick to Stick Duos Alexander Ovechkin/Nicklas Backstrom

Looking for 18/19 SP Game Used Net Cords and 18/19 Upper Deck Day with the cup inserts

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippernate View Post
    So essentially a free for all after that date?

not essentially....actually. haha

For better or worse, this will give everyone a chance to win something in the second half (if it goes that long).

Even for someone in your position, the last 3 branches are a long shot to win anything at this point.

Branch 10 is not even possible until early August.

Branches 11-12 are season cumulative, and aren’t possible until much later either.

Of course, you could rattle off 3 chainsaws and the trunk in the next month and everything’s moot anyway.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question. Games/days prior to the “reset” don’t count for the branch bounties (except for the season-long branches, obviously) correct? For example, if you cleared Branch 3 by conventional means on 5/3 but a chainsaw had already eliminated the bounty, you can’t use that 5/3 date to claim the “reset” bounty?

You’re quite the generous soul for offering this game and a second chance at all of the prizes!! Thank you!

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!

Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Quick question. Games/days prior to the “reset” don’t count for the branch bounties (except for the season-long branches, obviously) correct? For example, if you cleared Branch 3 by conventional means on 5/3 but a chainsaw had already eliminated the bounty, you can’t use that 5/3 date to claim the “reset” bounty?

You’re quite the generous soul for offering this game and a second chance at all of the prizes!! Thank you!

No problem! Happy to host.

You're correct on all points. You can not use any date prior to July 12th during the reset (other than the cumulative season long scenarios, as you pointed out).

Playing the entire tree all at once is probably overwhelming, I'll admit.

Therefore, I'll leave it up to everyone how they want to play (focus only on bounties they're interested in, only "easy" branches, just the trunk for the grand prize, or the whole shebang for the diehards!).
    Last edited by cjedmonton; 06-14-2019 at 10:24 PM.

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got my prize for the final cloud nine today.....

a-mazing.....of my 9 possible players , i just hoped it would not be justin upton or votto and really not even jose ramirez or jorge polanco.....the rest of my players (bogaerts , benintendi , eloy , tatis , and seager) were all great options....though i dont really have much of his material , seager even fits into my usc game**** collection ....he had committed here , but when he was taken 7th overall by the dodgers he opted to go pro (cant say i blame him even though it would have been great having him here)...

imagine my surprise and delight when i opened my package today and found a 2017 topps dynasty corey seager gold patch auto /5.....sweet indeed...i'll try to get a scan sometime over the weekend to show it off.....

thanks a million....looking forward to the rest of the season....
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Lumberjack Bingo

Great win, game****fanatic! Chris continues to crush it with prizes!

I’m going to clear Branch 10 with a chainsaw. The Cardinals hit 4 HRs in their 6/14 game: Wong, Fowler, Martinez, DeJong.