Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Lumberjack Bingo: CLOSED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION]

The initials can only be used in the order shown.

When building branch 1, I used last year's hit/strikeout leaders. Over 100 different sets of initials are included in the game. If you look at the 2018 leaders in these categories, that should help you identify some players.

[MENTION=22997]game****fanatic[/MENTION] has the right idea (Aaron Nola)

[MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION]

Players who go by initials for their first name only use the first letter in branch 1.

So, for your J.D. Martinez example, you'd go with J.M.

For Cloud 9, Seager would not have factored in your total since he was injured. I know I said that all players must play, but I was referring to all active players.

Don't worry about missing out on Cloud 9. Since it was claimed so early in the season, I "may" re-open it again at some point.

[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION]

One thing that helps me check "quickly" for branch 1 is doing the following:
1. Go to each box score and look at the Hits column to identify any player having 3+ Hits
2. When found, hope for an initial match...I have found this the quickest way to see across the league games in respects to the initials on Branch 1
3. Do the same but for the pitcher's Strikeout column

It sounds and seems a bit articulate, but muscle memory really comes into play when you find the right rhythm.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
[MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION] [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION]

One thing that helps me check "quickly" for branch 1 is doing the following:
1. Go to each box score and look at the Hits column to identify any player having 3+ Hits
2. When found, hope for an initial match...I have found this the quickest way to see across the league games in respects to the initials on Branch 1
3. Do the same but for the pitcher's Strikeout column

It sounds and seems a bit articulate, but muscle memory really comes into play when you find the right rhythm.

Thanks for the tip, Alex!

To make things even easier, I added a daily hit leaders link in the Tools of the Trade section in the OP.

The Lights Out link can be used for daily strikeout leaders.

You'll also find the current branch everyone is on along with a list of bounty winners in the OP.

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Cleared branch 1 on 4/5 ...bonus points for 4?

TA-Tim Anderson
JD- Jarrod Dyson
DD-Daniel Descalso
OA-Orlando Arcia

No bonus points, but you get a bonus day to work on branch 2! haha

[MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION], [MENTION=18372]RagingAcid[/MENTION], [MENTION=10415]caster513[/MENTION], [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION], [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION], @game****fanatic, [MENTION=2671]aarne13[/MENTION], [MENTION=3354]SportsWriterMAB[/MENTION], [MENTION=5808]nerdherd020[/MENTION], [MENTION=10181]CFD1415[/MENTION], [MENTION=4030]michaelstepper[/MENTION], [MENTION=5090]oiccup41[/MENTION], [MENTION=1815]chippernate[/MENTION], [MENTION=22997]Letch77[/MENTION], [MENTION=2477]Gwynn545[/MENTION]

If you are not already on branch 2, you can move down to it starting today (April 6).

A Daily Saves Leaders link has been added to the Tools of the Trade section in the OP.

Last edited:

gamecockfanatic

Jun 17, 2009
Gamecock Country
If you are not already on branch 2, you can move down to it starting today (April 6).

was just coming here to ask if we moved to branch 2 STARTING today or if the automatic chainsaw was applied at the end of today's games......

man , my guys on branch 1 sure did disappoint....not only could i never get 3 in one day , i ony had 2 TOTAL the entire week+....sure hope for better luck going forward...

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
You can start working on branch 2 starting today, April 6.

Once a branch is cleared by any method (traditional or chainsaw), you move to the next branch on the same day.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Anybody want to go for the bounty today? I can already use a chainsaw on branch 2 via Mets and start on branch 3, but I’ll wait until the end of the day to give a shot to anyone who wants to try for the branch 2 bounty in today’s games.

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Anybody want to go for the bounty today? I can already use a chainsaw on branch 2 via Mets and start on branch 3, but I’ll wait until the end of the day to give a shot to anyone who wants to try for the branch 2 bounty in today’s games.

How kind of you...in a harsh kinda way. haha

Good stuff.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
[MENTION=3744]cjedmonton[/MENTION] just curious, on my branch 2,I have Joe Alvarado. Is this supposed to be Jose Alvarado, the Rays pitcher? Just curious since I don't see a Joe Alvarado on any roster

Sent from my SM-G950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

WaxPax

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!

I have the Mets as well for 4+ Hr's yesterday, but I'm using my chainsaw....Sorry All

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Alrighty then, I’ll use my chainsaw for branch 2, too.
Is it just me or is the Game Score in the link not working? It shows .00 for all pitchers.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Alrighty then, I’ll use my chainsaw for branch 2, too.
Is it just me or is the Game Score in the link not working? It shows .00 for all pitchers.

Sounds good. I see that you had the Mets as well for chainsaw #1. You are on branch 3 as of April 6th too.

I thought the ESPN Game Score link would have been working by now. I sent a bug report to them, so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

In the meantime, just go with the one on BBRef. The column is GSc, and the formula is the same. However, I haven't figured out how to search for daily results before the previous day (at least not without a Play Index subscription). If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Game Score

I've changed the link in the Tools of the Trade section as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts