User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Lumberjack Bingo: CLOSED

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chippernate View Post
    Chainsaw for branch 6 as well, LAA with 4 HRs, La Stella (2) Smith and Goodwin
    Confirmed. You are on branch 7 as of today (April 21st).

Your next two chainsaws are favorable as well (Seattle and Colorado), so you could be on Branch 9 by the end of the month! Crazy.

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow....guess nobody is going to get a bounty in this thing....at least i only used my chainsaw on a branch whose bounty had already been forfeited due to a chainsaw....i think im going to just save time and not bother coming back til after the last branch's auto saw has passed....of course with the abundance of saws , this may be over before memorial day...
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    wow....guess nobody is going to get a bounty in this thing....at least i only used my chainsaw on a branch whose bounty had already been forfeited due to a chainsaw....i think im going to just save time and not bother coming back til after the last branch's auto saw has passed....of course with the abundance of saws , this may be over before memorial day...
    I hope this isn't over before All Star Break, unbelievable how many chainsaws were able to be used

Glad I was able to at least snag the Cloud 9 Bounty. I meant to get this posted much earlier, but finally got a chance to get a picture and upload it. Thanks for the generosity with the prizes through these contests Chris @cjedmonton !

2016 Topps Chrome Trea Turner RC BGS 9.5 with 10 Autograph:
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

zc3009
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set a new high for game score yesterday. Only scored 345, but a lot better than what I'd been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by game****fanatic View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that you're disappointed over a free game. I remember doing these Lumberjack Bingo games and a few others that Chris @cjedmonton would put on every year and I was thrilled to see it come back. Granted, I haven't been doing well in this one, but it's a lot of fun rummaging through box scores of games that I normally wouldn't care about. And as always, I'm sure the prizes are fantastic with Chris picking them. I still remember when he gave away his HOF poster that was signed by just about every possible HOFer at the time
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

Super Moderator metallicalex777's Avatar
     metallicaalex777
     metallicalex777
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    Set a new high for game score yesterday. Only scored 345, but a lot better than what I'd been doing.

I'm getting the feeling that you're disappointed over a free game. I remember doing these Lumberjack Bingo games and a few others that Chris @cjedmonton would put on every year and I was thrilled to see it come back. Granted, I haven't been doing well in this one, but it's a lot of fun rummaging through box scores of games that I normally wouldn't care about. And as always, I'm sure the prizes are fantastic with Chris picking them. I still remember when he gave away his HOF poster that was signed by just about every possible HOFer at the time
    To second this, two people have a commanding lead branch down wise. You both have the choice to not cut the branches, and strategically use your chainsaws as you see fit as you have plenty of time to maximize where you are at with no contention to attempt to win a ton of the bounties you are skipping over.

Either way, the fun and value I see away from the bounties is how neat it continues to be tracking for these scenarios. Obviously looking for Home Run and Strike Out counts is easy chainsaw wise, but I encourage you all to spend actual fun time tracking these scenarios
    King Felix Hernandez Collector!!!

My Felix Hernandez PC:
    Alex Alex's (metallicalex777) PC - Felix Hernandez Album

cmcjr99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me its going to get tough....i have limited data right now and the only place i h asve to live just went through foreclosure and is being sold may 6th....after that , i have nothing...no home...no car....no place to store any of my belongings, and no place for my beloved pets who i just can NOT allow to go to a shelter ( since we only have one no kill shelter in the state and it has no openings).... personally i didnt want to use chainsaws and i only did so for a branch whose bounty was already taken away by another chainsaw....

So as m i complaining about a free game ? Maybe...i dont know about prizes offered in cj's past contests , but i just think it would be nice for at least one or two of the "consolation" prizes to be available
    I collect any and all South Carolina Gamec0cks in any sport including players and coaches .
    Master set projects
    football : 2000 Finest , 2001 Bowman's Best , 2004 Fleer Tradition`, and 2017 Donruss
    baseball : 2002 Topps Chrome and 2007 Topps
    Claude's Desperate Plea for Help After Dad's Death (pay pal pool)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, there are plenty of prizes still up for grabs! Even if all 12 branches get buzzed by a chainsaw, the trunk forces a traditional completion!

However, I can understand the frustration of those who are missing out on some of the earlier branch bounties. In hindsight, I should have made chainsaw #1 require 5+ home runs (while still maintaining the strategic element of invalidating any bounty whose branch is cleared with a chainsaw).

At any rate, I hope most of you are still having fun! Hang in there...it's still anyone's game to win.

Who knows....Cloud Nine may still make a return appearance or two!
    Last edited by cjedmonton; 04-22-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the tough Game Score branch and some of the chainsaw goals can be very frustrating, but youíve got to remember...itís a free game courtesy of CJ.
    Even if I never get off branch 3 (maybe tomorrow with a free chainsaw! Lol), itís fun at no cost.

Thanks again, CJ!! This is the first time Iíve heard of Lumberjack Bingo and Iím hooked!

Collecting Ď96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
    Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @clarkzac, @RagingAcid, @caster513, @metallicalex777, @MrMet, @game****fanatic, @aarne13, @SportsWriterMAB, @nerdherd020, @CFD1415, @michaelstepper, @oiccup41, @chippernate, @Letch77, @Gwynn545, @WaxPax

Branch 3 has been automatically cleared, so everyone can start working on Branch 4 as of today (April 23rd) if you aren't there already.

Everyone's current branch is listed at the bottom of the OP.

Unfortunately, branch 4, 5, and 6 bounties are unavailable. A chainsaw has already been claimed for them.

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh, the automatic date...the only way Iím clearing branches...

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

zc3009
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Ahh, the automatic date...the only way I’m clearing branches...

You're not the only one!
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I chainsawed branch 4 yesterday with the White Sox having 4 hrs!

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I chainsawed branch 4 yesterday with the White Sox having 4 hrs!

And does the chainsaw for the next branch work too, with the Twins having four homers yesterday also?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And does the chainsaw for the next branch work too, with the Twins having four homers yesterday also?

Confirmed! Branches 4 and 5 were cleared yesterday with your 1st chainsaw options.

You may begin branch 6 starting yesterday, April 26th.

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chainsaw for me on Branch 4- Tigers 5HRs on friday.
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast