Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Favorite Fleer base set? 1981-1995

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saucywombat

Feb 4, 2010
Folly Beach, SC
When 1991 Fleer came out, it was the only modern card with a design and type that I could accurately recreate on my word processor because it has straight lines.

So I made a lot of custom 1991 Fleer cards by making the border lines and names and the cutting pictures out of magazines. I made all different colored borders out of construction paper.

Even back then I thought the bright yellow was ugly and the design bland, but it was the only set I could accurately make. They're back at my parents' house or else I'd show them off.

I'd be willing to bet that Fleer used Microsoft Paint to design that set. It STUNK!

The crazy thing is they had the golden ticket design wise but only used it on the all star card rack pack inserts. If they had done that for the base set, 1991 Fleer would be a candidate for GOAT

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'd be willing to bet that Fleer used Microsoft Paint to design that set. It STUNK!

The crazy thing is they had the golden ticket design wise but only used it on the all star card rack pack inserts. If they had done that for the base set, 1991 Fleer would be a candidate for GOAT
Oh man, if the base set was in that All-Star insert design it would have been incredible. I don't know why base sets have to be so safe and plain. But then when Fleer decided to go crazy with its 1995 set, the result was a hideous mess.
But Fleer often had the best-looking insert cards.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Preview of things to come in the insert era...1992 Fleer prototype mock-ups.fleer copy.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts