Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another Topps Security Breach

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RagingAcid

Feb 26, 2017
Markham, ON
I'm at the point now where I refuse to buy topps products. I'm second hand until they lose their solo rights to teams, if that ever happens

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I received a letter in the mail last week regarding this. Luckily when I do buy from their site, Citi allows me to create a virtual card # that's one-time use only. But still, after that, I'm probably not buying through them again.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
They got me thanks to Topps not announcing the 2016 breach until December and not in as many places as they should have.

I bought ten (10) RC's of a Topps Now (first year for Topps Now) player in May, 2016 for like $5.00 each or so. They are still in the original envelope I bought them in as the rookie hasn't panned out yet fully, but still may. I purposely gave Topps a credit card I NEVER USE as I haven't trusted Topps for ANYTHING since 2010.
2010 was when their own Duryea, PA employees at Topps started robbing them blind of OUR REDEMPTION AUTOGRAPHS going from 2010-early 2014! Yes, that's correct, it took Topps over three years to realize that THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES were stealing OUR REDEMPTION AUTOGRAPHS!!! Then Topps fired all decent/educated Customer Service employees and hired the two UNEDUCATED witches to run C.S. (Sabrina & Minerva) in 2013 who sent JUNK RC autographs of NFL players who would NEVER play in the NFL with very low serial numbers that Beckett had always overpriced (we got JUNK for the star player autos we were owed). Then they couldn't care less when THE FEW of us called Topps and complained HARD like I did for us all. Even their boss JOE KELLACHAN couldn't care less either (he was the only person above anyone in Customer Service collectors were allowed to speak to) and he was a LYING JERK proming all kinds of great things on the phone, then sending less than half of what was promised & many damaged items too. This moron Kellachan doesn't "get it" that badly damaged cards are worth FAR LESS than NM-MT+ cards!

Then in early 2018, I start getting weird low charges on that card I NEVER USE. So I immediately called the credit card company & told them my credit card had been hacked. All charges were removed from my card (and most were just blocked because I have an AUTOMATIC block from foreign locations). But thanks to this post I now know how they hacked that card (which I destroyed and had replaced with a whole new account). THANK YOU TOPPS! THAT WAS MY LAST TOPPS PURCHASE EITHER WAY...

YOU NEED TO SCAN THROUGH ALL MONTHLY CREDIT CARD CHARGES AND LOOK FOR RED-FLAGS! Because these crooks are smarter than any security any website has (EVEN AFTER THEY'VE BEEN HACKED, IT USUALLY TAKES THE 2ND MAJOR HACK THAT GETS A LOT OF PUBLICITY BEFORE ANY COMPANY HIRES REAL SECURITY! Otherwise you my wind up with no credit card protection (especially if the hackers charge $5,000 or more in one shot- then credit cards will tell you "YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, WE DON'T COVER ILLEGAL CHARGES OVER $5,000". That's a fact I found out the ward way in 1995 before I was so into fighting fraud.

Best of luck...

Last edited:

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
They got me thanks to Topps not announcing the 2016 breach until December and not in as many places as they should have.

I bought ten (10) RC's of a Topps Now (first year for Topps Now) player in May, 2016 for like $5.00 each or so. They are still in the original envelope I bought them in as the rookie hasn't panned out yet fully, but still may. I purposely gave Topps a credit card I NEVER USE as I haven't trusted Topps for ANYTHING since 2010.
2010 was when their own Duryea, PA employees at Topps started robbing them blind of OUR REDEMPTION AUTOGRAPHS going from 2010-early 2014! Yes, that's correct, it took Topps over three years to realize that THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES were stealing OUR REDEMPTION AUTOGRAPHS!!! Then Topps fired all decent/educated Customer Service employees and hired the two UNEDUCATED witches to run C.S. (Sabrina & Minerva) in 2013 who sent JUNK RC autographs of NFL players who would NEVER play in the NFL with very low serial numbers that Beckett had always overpriced (we got JUNK for the star player autos we were owed). Then they couldn't care less when THE FEW of us called Topps and complained HARD like I did for us all. Even their boss JOE KELLACHAN couldn't care less either (he was the only person above anyone in Customer Service collectors were allowed to speak to) and he was a LYING JERK proming all kinds of great things on the phone, then sending less than half of what was promised & many damaged items too. This moron Kellachan doesn't "get it" that badly damaged cards are worth FAR LESS than NM-MT+ cards!

Then in early 2018, I start getting weird low charges on that card I NEVER USE. So I immediately called the credit card company & told them my credit card had been hacked. All charges were removed from my card (and most were just blocked because I have an AUTOMATIC block from foreign locations). But thanks to this post I now know how they hacked that card (which I destroyed and had replaced with a whole new account). THANK YOU TOPPS! THAT WAS MY LAST TOPPS PURCHASE EITHER WAY...

YOU NEED TO SCAN THROUGH ALL MONTHLY CREDIT CARD CHARGES AND LOOK FOR RED-FLAGS! Because these crooks are smarter than any security any website has (EVEN AFTER THEY'VE BEEN HACKED, IT USUALLY TAKES THE 2ND MAJOR HACK THAT GETS A LOT OF PUBLICITY BEFORE ANY COMPANY HIRES REAL SECURITY! Otherwise you my wind up with no credit card protection (especially if the hackers charge $5,000 or more in one shot- then credit cards will tell you "YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, WE DON'T COVER ILLEGAL CHARGES OVER $5,000". That's a fact I found out the ward way in 1995 before I was so into fighting fraud.

Best of luck...

25b21e8679e932424f88a75d1d9d0abb.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
looks like a great reason to continue to use paypal when possible when finalizing your orders. I think I avoided the blowoutcards breach by using paypal instead of my credit card on their site and unless my 2018 archives snapshots order was earlier than the breach start date, I might have avoided the latest topps.com data breach.

Members online