Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jaguars sign Nick Foles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
BHNH using 1969 Topps design to commemorate. Used more recent left justification of first and last names. Stuck with original garish background and weird trim technique along the slides.

2019_JAX_Nick_Foles.jpg

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
Just having some fun.

Topps Huddle did a series of 1965 layout cards back in 2015 that inspired me to apply a similar layout across a full set of 480 cards.

Huddle_1965_Watt.png . 2015_LAR_Nick_Foles.jpg . 2015_CLE_Johnny_Manziel.jpg . 2015_PIT_Martavis_Bryant.jpg

I make complete sets every few years, but a 1969 football tribute won't be one of them. Not particularly fond of that layout and it's a ton of work to trim out the backgrounds.

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
I'm tempted to do a set of these as a redemption challenge. The original set of 263 (really 264, with both checklists being numbered 132 for no obvious reason) was pretty ugly.

Along with the bad photography and day-glo backgrounds, Topps also cropped the photos in weird way, as shown in the Dave Wilcox card. Totally scaring the kids with that one.

Leroy_Kelly.jpg . Dave_Wilcox.jpg . John_Brodie.jpg

Background colors aren't consistent by team, and halfway through the set, Topps went from full bleed to white borders. All that said, something reasonable could be done here.