Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1969 Topps Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
2019_MIN_Kirk_Cousins.jpg 2019_MIN_Stefon_Diggs.jpg 2019_MIN_Adam_Thielen.jpg 2019_MIN_Dan_Bailey.jpg 2019_MIN_Anthony_Barr.jpg 2019_MIN_Harrison_Smith.jpg

A couple of interesting shots tonight. Cousins shot reminds me of the badly staged poses Topps used in the sixties, but it's a live action shot, probably a deep pass, hence the angle. I usually like showing a player's face, or at least a shot from the front or side, but I couldn't resist the close up of Adam Thielen's great technique on the catch. Here are a couple of examples using the same approach from earlier seasons.

2015_NYG_Odell_Beckham_Jr.jpg 2018_ATL_Julio_Jones.jpg

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
Von Miller, take two...

When I originally made my 2019 Von Miller custom, I focused on cropping Miller so that his jersey number showed clearly above the Broncos logo.

2019_DEN_Von_Miller_orig.jpg

I liked the size and the clarity of Miller against the background, but the cropping made his arms look really weird.

I ended up redoing this card with less zoom, so that I could get all of Miller's arms on the card.

2019_DEN_Von Miller.jpg

This is the kind of thing that I pick up as I work through an entire set of cards. Certain angles work well with the format, which leads to image selection and cropping strategy.

Of course I don't want all of the cards to look the same, so I still look for variety in the photos, but eventually it becomes easier to visualize the results beforehand.

Members online