Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1969 Topps Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
I'm well ahead of schedule now, so I'm going to take a break for a while. I've been trying to roll out 6-12 cards per day to give anyone watching the feeling of ripping a pack and finding new cards, albeit from the same team. I would welcome feedback on that approach or the cards themselves. Any early favorites? Any you would like to see redone?

Thanks!

Last edited:

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
Planning for 18 cards per team. Typically start with six offensive skill positions (QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE), six defense, a kicker, and a punter, which leaves four slots for a backup QB, extra skills players, offensive linemen, and defenders. This approach was influenced by collecting Topps football cards in the mid-seventies when kicker and punter cards were printed for most teams, even if there were less than 12 player cards for that team.

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
Was surprised to discover that Demaryius Thomas had signed with the Patriots. Didn't notice it when it first happened, so either I missed it or Demaryius is no longer newsworthy.

2019_NEW_Demaryius_Thomas.jpg

Love this picture because it looks like he's reached the "Brandon Marshall Journeyman" portion of his career and knows it.

BostonIdol

Mar 8, 2019
I think Washington did the right thing by not offering a long term contract to Kirk Cousins, the Jeff Fisher of franchise quarterbacks, but it's getting harder to defend that position.

2019_WAS_Alex_Smith.jpg 2019_WAS_Case_Keenum.jpg 2019_WAS_Dwayne_Haskins.jpg