Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hey Jeter Auto Experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Can you tell if this is legit or not?

908FB024-6BB3-4D1A-867E-E1A80992D993.jpeg

I have that weird sixth sense, where I can tell if a Griffey Auto is forged. I don’t have it with the other guys though... I know some of you have it with Jeter. Any thoughts?

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
I know his sig has changed since 1996 but the end 'r' in Jeter doesn't look right on the ball.

12301d_lg.jpeg

Then again, I could be completely wrong.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Definitely no expert by any means, but it doesn’t look kosher to me

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yeah, I've had a ton of Jeter autographs too, but they range for clear and legible (his early years) to his more recent ones which are complete loopy mayhem.

Here it is with some from the same period, certified by Steiner, UD, PSA, etc.

jeter.jpg

Last edited:

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Yeah, I've had a ton of Jeter autographs too, but they range for clear and legible (his early years) to his more recent ones which are complete loopy mayhem.

Here are some from the same period, certified by Steiner, UD, PSA, etc.

View attachment 87458

Is the one you have the top right in that photo...cuz they match...although they don’t match the rest...

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Is the one you have the top right in that photo...cuz they match...although they don’t match the rest...

Yeah, I included it in the photo with other "similar" Jeters. I'm trying to determine why it feels off. None of them really "match"

PSA Quick Opinion deemed it "likely genuine".

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
When I get home I will take a picture of my signed baseball when I met him in the White House in 2010.

That sounds like a cool story, but there’s no shortage of authentic signatures to compare it to. I’m afraid looking at another signature won’t help. Looking more for a Jeter autograph guy who can determine the differences between genuine and fake — the tells, inconsistencies, etc — the eye that [MENTION=9701]forgerelli[/MENTION] has for Mariano... I need that for Jeter.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
I am a fully trained professional: it's a forgery! Too many things that fall within characteristic limits- are OUTSIDE the limits on this ball.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
[MENTION=1966]Be8el0ve[/MENTION] has a gazillion Jeter autographs so maybe he can help.
He's not a fully trained professional like CardCop, but he knows Jeter autographs.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I am a fully trained professional: it's a forgery! Too many things that fall within characteristic limits- are OUTSIDE the limits on this ball.

Not all heroes wear capes. Thanks for the heads up.

Here I was thinking Craigslist was a totally respectable place to buy a Jeter autograph :p

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I am considering voting CardCop 2020. He seems the only man* left fighting fraud and tyranny! Perhaps D2R would be a quality VP selection.

*God?

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I am considering voting CardCop 2020. He seems the only man* left fighting fraud and tyranny! Perhaps D2R would be a quality VP selection.

*God?

Look at approval ratings for lighted microscopes. He easily wins over don or any democrat. Make the hobby honest again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts