Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1955 Photograph of Buck O'Neil??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raddison1972

Jan 4, 2013
Pearland, Texas
Hello,
Anybody better than me at internetting please help me locate a color picture of Buck O'Neil from the 1955 Kansas City Monarchs.
Wanted to create my own 1955 Bowman version of his card. It was his last year to coach and I think the last year for ***** League Baseball.

Thanks for anyone out there that can help!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Black and white was still the norm in 1955. Color film and processing was very expensive until 1960 when Kodak color became affordable. I doubt you'll find a good color photo of Buck from that era, although some have been digitally colorized. This would be more typical for 1955.

buck-oneil.jpg

oneil01FG.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Hello,
Anybody better than me at internetting please help me locate a color picture of Buck O'Neil from the 1955 Kansas City Monarchs.
Wanted to create my own 1955 Bowman version of his card. It was his last year to coach and I think the last year for ***** League Baseball.

Thanks for anyone out there that can help!

Let me look through the photos I have of Buck when I get home tonight. I'm not sure I could narrow one down specifically to 1955 but should be able to get you a period appropriate one. I don't think I have anything from ~1955 in color though. B&W was still the thing then.

The Monarchs actually didn't disband as a club until 1965 but Tom Baird did sell the team after the '55 season and that's the year Buck left the Monarchs and joined the Cubs as a scout. In a sense I agree with you that '55 was when the Monarchs ceased to exist but only in original form.

Latest posts