Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2019 Donruss Recollections Autographs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Anyone have any of these? Aside from the serial numbering and signature, is there anything else that confirms it is a true buyback, such as an embossed seal, foil designation, etc?

I went out on a limb, chased and won an Ichiro auto buyback card. I have needed his signature and figure it's only going to get harder and harder to get one at a reasonable price. My dream was to find his 2002 Topps card signed IP, but that has yet to happen...I bit the bullet and frankly, didn't even expect to win it. I was shocked to see I had tonight.

Anyway, I guess I will have this buyback card within the next week or so. The image isn't great on the listing and I am just concerned that these could be counterfeited. Buying one right now that the issue is brand new makes me feel a bit better, but this hobby is fast turning into a greedy cesspool of fraud and deceit and I don't want to contribute to that by funding one of these a-holes who is doing it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I took a quick peek on eBay to check out the player selection, it looks like in the upper right there is a stamping/embossing that says recollection collection

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Thank you. I just looked deeper myself and see that now. it shows up much better on non glossy card stock. Some may not be as embossed as others too, but looks like that will be a better way to limit counterfeiting. I think I see it on the card I won now that you mentioned it. The card is darker and the scan was not great. Hoping the signature pops a little better in hand, but still pleased to finally have one.