Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wearing Baseball Jerseys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
You see guys wearing actual sports jerseys as everyday articles of clothing. Usually young guys with NBA tanks, and they usually have the body for it. And sometimes up north you see guys wearing hockey sweaters, but usually in the winter as an overshirt. And during football season you see people wearing NFL jerseys, but usually they are on their way to or from a group watch or sports bar. But you never see anyone wearing a baseball jersey except maybe at a card show. I keep getting Mitchell & Ness ads on this site and in Facebook and other places. I love M&N and have several things from them, but I don't have the moral fortitude to buy and wear a jersey like this one, although I'd dearly love to.
7229_420_21pph_2_1.jpg
I'm thinking it might be time for this to become a socially acceptable, even trendy, bit of officewear. The unwritten rules would have to be that it's during baseball season, and either a local team or your known favorite/home town team. Who is with me?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I’m with you. I never understood the stigma people have against wearing a baseball jersey or people who think a grown man should be ashamed to do so. How is it any different than wearing a Metallica t-shirt? **** those clowns, support your team and show it I say

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BamKat

Jan 23, 2015
I would wear one to work on fridays if allowed.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I only wear my baseball jerseys to Cardinals games.

I have a super nice on-field Colin Kaepernick jersey I wear to work every once in a while to p*ss off all the Trumper’s I work with. It’s great.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I guess the big question is if I wear the pants, too. Why doesn't M&N make matching pants? Actually, I'd probably wear the pants more often.

finestkind

Aug 17, 2008
Massachusetts
The other day it was about 28 degrees in Boston. I was in a small store. A guy walks in with a baseball jersey ( I forgot what team), shorts,sneakers and a baseball cap on backwards. He was about 45-50 years old. My 1st thought of him was, a-hole. My 2nd was, I hope he gets a nice case of the flu. Yeah, I know. I'm not nice.

I have no problem with people wearing team baseball shirts during good weather, in season or after the season is over. The only time I see people around Boston wearing team sweaters or jerseys is, around the Boston Garden before or after a game. Those guys are over 30 and do more beer drinking than water.

Celtic jerseys, are cool. I don't wear them. Never did, never will. People around Boston start wearing them over other clothing as soon as it gets warm until they have to start wearing coats. Mostly the black kids wear them. There's nothing wrong with who wears them.

It seems everyone (except me and my wife) wear patriots shirts all the time from late August, until about late April. Mostly guys with big moths and know it all. Enough said about them.

Like Joey12508 said "wear what you like. if someone doesnt like it, screw them."

I wear t-shirts with a sweat shirt and blue jeans, sneakers or boots in winter. If someone doesnt like it, screw them

Last edited:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Any day or time of the year is fine to wear a jersey IMO, not any occasion though. I love talking baseball and other baseball heads seem to enjoy discussing baseball any time of the year too.

cardcop05

Nov 15, 2018
NYC
Referring to a Mitchell & Ness REPLICA jersey as a real jersey is like referring to a 2001 Topps High Series vintage reprint card as an "original card"???
A real jersey is a jersey that actual baseball players wear on field for actual games (either Spring Training or regular season). M&N jerseys are OVERPRICED REPLICAS!

Wow! This is what happens to the overall IQ of hobbyists with NOT ONE PRICE GUIDE educating them for over 15-years! Then personal websites who are PAID OFF by card companies to never bad mouth them by sending them several boxes of every product they release for "website reviews".

This isn't the hobby I ever knew and I'm done with this hobby. I tried and tried to fix the worst things in this hobby as sick as I am, but NO ONE did ANYTHING to help me! No one ever contacted me directly with suggestions (because you are too dumb with narcissistic attitudes) so you just left everything to me by myself doing everything totally for free. Then the loud mouth jerks try to anger me (sorry never worked) because I KNOW WHAT I DID and it was always the right things for the right reasons.

To those who bashed me for no other reason that to try to upset me, now you can explain to everyone else why I'm GONE from this board...

James aka Cardcop

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Referring to a Mitchell & Ness REPLICA jersey as a real jersey is like referring to a 2001 Topps High Series vintage reprint card as an "original card"???
A real jersey is a jersey that actual baseball players wear on field for actual games (either Spring Training or regular season). M&N jerseys are OVERPRICED REPLICAS!

Wow! This is what happens to the overall IQ of hobbyists with NOT ONE PRICE GUIDE educating them for over 15-years! Then personal websites who are PAID OFF by card companies to never bad mouth them by sending them several boxes of every product they release for "website reviews".

This isn't the hobby I ever knew and I'm done with this hobby. I tried and tried to fix the worst things in this hobby as sick as I am, but NO ONE did ANYTHING to help me! No one ever contacted me directly with suggestions (because you are too dumb with narcissistic attitudes) so you just left everything to me by myself doing everything totally for free. Then the loud mouth jerks try to anger me (sorry never worked) because I KNOW WHAT I DID and it was always the right things for the right reasons.

To those who bashed me for no other reason that to try to upset me, now you can explain to everyone else why I'm GONE from this board...

James aka Cardcop

I think I speak for everyone when I say no one will miss you.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Imagine completely missing the whole effing point of what Mitchell and Ness even does and another post where he can’t even stick to the topic without rambling into whatever bizarro point of view pops out. I’ve said it before, the guy has some good thoughts and ideas but self sabotages any usefulness every single time through his delivery and inability to communicate with anything that even remotely resembles effectiveness

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008

Guy, what are you talking about?

Members online

Latest posts