Thread: Ever seen this on ebay?

raddison1972
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever seen this on ebay?

Has anybody run into this on ebay?

Says I won, but bid history still shows I was outbid. Weird email I don't think I've ever seen on ebay in 20 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ebay.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	87880

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever seen this on ebay?

Sounds like someone did outbid you but canceled their bid. If youíre happy with the price then great but it could be a sign that you were shilled. Of course the seller may have canceled their bid too, maybe that bidder had horrible feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    SCREW PHOTOBUCKET
    Jeff Cirillo Spread Sheet ||
    Hall of Unending Gratitude: dazed, magicpapa, uniquebaseballcards, and the vigilant eye of tonsofcommons

raddison1972
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realized I needed to scroll down to see the retracted bids. Appears seller was shill bidding to see if he could push it higher, ultimately sold for more $. Still weird that ebay sent a message saying I was the high bidder when I clearly was not. I also noticed the seller was in Hong Kong...increases the risk for shady stuff in my opinion.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raddison1972 View Post
    Just realized I needed to scroll down to see the retracted bids. Appears seller was shill bidding to see if he could push it higher, ultimately sold for more $. Still weird that ebay sent a message saying I was the high bidder when I clearly was not. I also noticed the seller was in Hong Kong...increases the risk for shady stuff in my opinion.
    Iíve purchased a few times from Asia with no issues. I think many people are nervous so prices can be pretty affordable (minus shipping of course)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not gotten that one, but there have been weird things with ebay lately, especially with the phone app. I had an auction that I thought I won, according to the app, but then I go to pay and find I was outbid at the last second. And I think I had one instance of the opposite where I won when I thought I missed it.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've seen that several times, usually not so late in the auction. I think it is auto generated when the seller cancels a bid or the buyer does and it makes you the high bidder, regardless of whether or not you were outbid 5 seconds later. It definitely makes me suspicious about shilling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Freedom Card Board mobile app